Author Topic: ...car accident...  (Read 7017 times)

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
...car accident...
« on: April 12, 2006, 12:26:42 PM »
please excuse the poor typing, as i am doing this one-handed... i just got home from the hospital, where i spent the night... as i was driving home from work yesterday, a car pulled out in front of me, just a few feet from the nose of my car.  the driver was attempting to make a u-turn and never looked left.  when my air bag deployed, it broke both the radius and the ulna in my left forearm.  i'm in a heavy-duty splint and heavily doped up, at the moment, and i will be having surgery to plate the bones back together on either monday or thursday of next week.  but i'm okay... in pain, but this could have been so much worse.  i don't have any back pain, gashes, head injuries... in three months, after some phys. therapy, i'll be good as new... and i'm definitely not missing the gathering, even if i'll have to take it easy...

now i'm going to go lay down and let these percosets kick my ass right proper... 

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline Yahira

Re: ...car accident...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 12:35:13 PM »
~blinks~  Well this is just exactly what you needed to be added onto all of the other shit you're dealing with, hon.. 

Just do whatever you need to do to take care of yourself, hon..  ~hugs~  You know how to reach me if you need anything..  Love ya, p.i.m.p II.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 12:48:58 PM »
*huggers* it could have been much worse all things considered.

thoughts and prayers for a full and speedy recovery!!!

ummm... how bad did you bust up the idiot AFTER the accident deemon daughter?

:-* :'(

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 02:37:06 PM »
now that i've had a nice nap, only to be woken by the credit card company i JUST paid -- which has wisely placed me on hold, mid-dee-mon-reaming -- i can answer Papa's question... -grinning-

if i could have gotten out of the car, there'd have been an asswhoopin'... unfortunately, i couldn't release my seatbelt harness for the airbag and broken arm in my lap.  so i contented myself with screaming and asking the location of the blind idiot who decided to make a u-turn without looking.  not surprisingly, the woman never even came over to apologize.  she gave the cop her info, refused medical treatment, and drove away.  she "didn't have her insurance card with her" -- which strongly suggests she was uninsured.

expect my civil suit to follow.  my car is totalled.  i am missing work, without pay, because this puts me over my limit of sick days.  i am in pain.  it's gonna get ugly.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 03:03:53 PM by ~ delilah ~ {K} »

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline Jay

• Hump de Bump!
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 02:41:37 PM »
-twitching at all the comments wanting to come out in regards to dumbass drivers hurting family- Kill the wench!  Oops.  :-[  :-\

get well hon!

Disclaimer: We have no wish to offend you unless you're a twit.

A censor is a man who thinks he knows more than you ought to.

I don't see you, so don't pretend you're there.

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 02:45:18 PM »
~blinks and shakes her head~ you could always find out where the twit works and well show her an upclose example of why you look both ways before making any type of turn, especially a U-turn... ~grins sweet and innocently~

get better deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-mon.. you need to seriously give me your number so we can gab chickee

Offline Shadow duck

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • is she just a memory?
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 02:49:51 PM »
sis... should you require assistance just send me an pm and i will dust off the lawyer robes *grins*... wonders if this woman **are ya sure it was a woman an not a really badly dressed umm *** has ever been visited by a really mad group of tuchuks... speacialy pissed off duckies... *hugs ya softly kiss on the forhead*

luv ya sis take it easy while ya can...

chanz
duckie rules

Catylynn

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 02:59:26 PM »
I am sorry your going thru this, big hugs for a speedy recovery

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 03:01:42 PM »
Holy hells bells. -shakes head- You know, I've made the mistake of not looking before changing lanes, actually...I did look, but mid changing lanes, soemone will pull in from a side street, but I've never hit anyone.  I've been hit and run once..and then rear ended, butthankfully wasn't hurt in either of those accidents.  However, this bitch needs a lesson in proper use of a deadly weapon (as a vehicle with more horsepower than a moped is in this woman's hands). Hope you feel better dee-mon sister, and to think, with a proper cast on that fractured arm, you can bash in quite a bit of skull with little to no pain to your arm!

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2006, 03:17:09 PM »
get medical bills paid first.

get your vehicle replaced.

get your compensation.

when all else is settled...

THEN REVENGE!!!

::)

seriously though... this sort of thing happens. hopefully the woman was sited for improper left turn, impeding the flow of traffic, failure to yield the right of way, whatever they cite for in your state for this sort of thing as it does vary from state to state. hopefully the woman is also of the same state as well as a local resident.

contact the Law Enforcement agency who handled the call and request the information of the woman's insurance carrier etc... and get this info to your insurance carrier asap. get the ball rolling!

also be aware of aches and pains that may follow within a 48 hour period of the accident... and try to get off any pain meds asap so they do naught inhibit or mask any additional pain you may have. if you have pain... try to ascertain if it is just soreness or potential injury especially to neck or back. even a collision that seems to occur at a low rate of speed can suddenly force one's body to do things it normally would naught do in ways it would normally naught do.

i have seen instances where neck and back pain have become chronic after collisions where airbags have come into play. check your nose and jaw as well as your eyes for soreness, inflammation, and redness.  airbags do wonders in preserving life, but they also tend to sacrifice other parts of the body to do so... sort of like a brain bucket on a biker. it usually saves the head and face so one can have a nice open casket funeral from a broken neck or other shattered and pulverized body parts.

expect to be sore. expect to be stiff. all those around you should expect you to be mean enough to stomp their guts out moreso than what is normal for deemon daughters.

just be careful and make note of any problems you encounter. by tomorrow, any discomfort you may have that is naught tolerable using tylenol or another lighter-weight pain reliever should be checked.

*huggers*

Offline LadyMuse

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2006, 04:47:50 PM »
*just hugggles you gently* thank the GODS your alright sweetie *kotc* recover and then worry about revenge *nodnod* and remember...karma can be a BITCH....that woman will get hers one day.

LM

Offline aisling{MTC}

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 04:49:04 PM »
*hugs* am glad you're safe and all in one piece sis

get well soon
xoxox

Offline cat{MTC}

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2006, 05:05:53 PM »
cat sorry dee ..i know it hurt but you are with us and thats all matter.. love ya hun..hope all pass fast..
hugs and kisses
cat

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2006, 05:27:55 PM »
*makes note to bring big plastic bags, duct tape and arm floaties to the Gathering so deeeeelicious can still enjoy the pool.. *

love you sis..

screw the loss of the car as long as we didn't lose you..

~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline Sidona

• WM Tuchuk Council
  • First Slaver ~ MTC
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2006, 05:37:27 PM »
I'm so glad you're going to be alright ~relieved sigh~ As so many others have already said, as long as you're still here, thats what counts!

take care,
Love ya
Sid
~*~~*~