Author Topic: ...car accident...  (Read 7007 times)

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
Re: ...car accident...
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2006, 11:49:52 PM »
oh hon... I have been where you are at, heck I swear I was having a sense of deja vu with your post... I barely slept the night before my surgery, was jittery up to the very end and in pain, but I was told it was all normal, if I walked in and didn't seem like it was a big deal they would have seriously looked at me funny, honest to the goddess that is what the anesthelogist told me... but I woke up, oh boy did I wake up, they had to hold me down because I was sort of in the middle of nightmare when they did ~innocent look and laughs~ everything was fine... and you will be as well... love you and will be thinking of you all day tomorrow...

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2006, 12:58:18 AM »
*snuggles up my silly deeeeeeeellllllllicious rabbit*

silly wabbit.. you can't go wrong with a woobie holding on to you.. and you are in the hands of God.. no safer, saner place to be..

*waiting for you on this side... *

love

~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Mysta

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2006, 01:00:41 AM »
*bounces up with handcuffs and that soft japanese bondage rope witha hopeful look*

can we? can we???

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2006, 06:43:57 PM »
I live!  Barely...

When my doc said my arm would be all sorts of pissed off after him performing carpentry on it with power tools, he wasn't lying... And yep, those were his exact words...LOL

Sorry I didn't report on my "still breathing" status sooner, but I've been higher than a Gorean kite (that's a Plains bird, ya'll) from all these Percocets, Advil, Tylenol... Unfortunately, they all seem to waer off about an hour before I'm allowed to have any more happy pills, and then it's not pretty... And then I don't feel like being online...

But the phone woke me from my Percobliss, and I figured it was a really good time to save ya'll from worrying about me...

~huggles Misstresses Taryn and Serenity, nuzzles my woobster, lovin' all three of you for the pre-op pep talks~

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2006, 11:26:49 PM »
*huggers my deemon daughter.* :-*

Offline Ayelen

• ... Annals Blog Updated July 2010 ...
    • MoonProductions
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2006, 09:22:19 AM »
~hugs my a-s~ 

glad all is good!! 

um, i took that WRONG number off my phone auto-dial... ~mutters about that still~

~ simply your totally brainfarted a-s....

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2006, 10:04:36 PM »
Alrighty, a few more details...

I'll have some pretty X-ray pictures to show you guys, soon as I get 'em scanned.  Until then, words will have to do.  Each broken bone was equipped with a stainless steel plate about five inches long, perhaps 3/4 of an inch wide, and 1/4 of an inch thick.  According to my very proud surgeon, the plates were installed beautifully.   Beauty must be in the eyes of the drill-holder, 'cause I just about doubled over with horror when I looked at the X-rays and counted the thirteen total screws.  The doc and I do agree that it's almost impossible to tell where the breaks were, and that's FABulous.

I'm getting the feeling back in my hand.  Initially, it was quite amazing to watch my fingers move by force of will, to hear them whispering along the pillowcase, and yet I couldn't feel a thing.  Now those fat, sausage-shaped, little appendages -hurt-, and it's one of those "thank you, God" hurts that means a lesser probability of nerve damage.

The splint/half-cast comes off on Tuesday @ 2:00 p.m.  I'm sure that's going to be... lovely... seeing my new scars and all the pretty colors on my arm... My therapy will begin then, too.  Wednesday, I'll have to return to work, regardless of how I feel.  I've now missed so many days -- from my grandfather's heart attacks, kiddo being ill, and my own bouts with the flu -- that I'm no longer being paid for my time off.  But I think the pain will be tolerable by then.  I seem to bounce back pretty quickly...

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2006, 10:43:34 PM »
take it step by step.

and no over-doing it!!!

Offline silver

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2006, 07:21:12 AM »
i am glad to hear things are going well. keep up the good work and just know that they cant keep a good person down for long even with this*hugs ya up*

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2006, 12:57:31 PM »
~huggggggggggggggggggggles the stuffin' outta deeeeeeeemon~ miss ya

Mysta

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2006, 05:56:29 PM »
*S*...glad to see youre doing better...*cringes*....I hate broken bones...i hate the very idea of them......
tiptoes away....twitching*L*

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2006, 07:59:43 PM »
The half-cast/split-thingy came off on Tuesday, revealing my frankenlimb. 

Although the burn marks are very light and have already faded almost entirely, I have a five inch incision on each side of my arm, where the plates and screws were inserted.  The railroad track of staples won't be removed until May 10th; hence, frankenlimb! I also have a reaaaally nasty "pressure" blister on the underside of my wrist -- kinda like a bed sore for arm splints, according to the doc.  Anyway, it's the size of a quarter, black and red, and jiggly.  We're all taking bets on when it pops.

To keep evil nasty germies out of the frankentracks, I wear gauze wrapped with an ace bandage.  That, and some of my kids are squeamish...

By kids, I mean students.  I returned to work on Wednesday.  The kids were manic-overjoyed to see me, and I, them... but I'm exhausted. I mean, like, lose-my-mind exhausted... I just come home and crash, feeling like a truck backed over me and then parked for the driver to take a smoke break.  Probably a lot of it is the de-toxing; I'm down to 2-3 Percocets a day, from 9-12.  The doc still recommends the "1-2 every 4 hours, as needed" regimen, but I just can't teach like that... and honestly, I just can't stand myself like that... I'd rather be in pain... and I am, a bit... but I'm holding up better than I ever thought I would... I'm just... tired...

Love you guys... I'll be around when I can manage to prop my eyeballs open.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2006, 08:27:49 PM »
*huggers* KOTC

would rather have staples than stitches.... *G*

just no backhanding students unless you use the good arm.

Offline PhoenixKnight

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2006, 09:27:52 PM »
You know after you get YOur money let me know I have a few friends I like to call the family if You know what I mean... ~WEG~

~PK~

Offline just me

• March babies rule.....life is to precious to waste
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2006, 12:37:47 PM »
-giggles- hey demon   how about we get our drugged up butts together and go in and terrorize everyone, -laughs- they wont know what to do with us both

am glad that things are goin along good for you, miss ya and love ya sis,  get better soon and just do what the butchers tell ya to -hugs and smoochies-