Author Topic: The Coffee Shop Cook Book  (Read 56759 times)

Offline Shirley

Re: The Coffee Shop Cook Book
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2008, 02:06:31 PM »
Easy..the thread is called the Coffee Shop COOK BOOK..lol
To love and Be Loved is the greatest gift mankind can receive.

Offline Shirley

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2008, 04:41:16 PM »
 ;D  thats means we could be in loads of trouble..lol
To love and Be Loved is the greatest gift mankind can receive.

Offline Lynn

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2008, 09:36:10 PM »
SPAGETTI SALAD

1 Box Angel Hair spaghetti
(break spaghetti into 1/3's)
cook till done.  COOL

Add:
3 salad cucumbers  (DICED)
3 bunches of scallions (green onions) (DICED)

Mix 1 jar of Marzetti coleslaw dressing with....
3 T. white vinegar
3 T. sugar

combine all and marinate over night.

just made this again tonight.  Makes a huge bowl.  I LOVE THIS!!

Offline Easy

• Yea, So Im'm Easy
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2008, 09:53:05 PM »
whers the beef.....grins

Offline Kellie

• http://www.myspace.com/cathies_place
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2008, 01:25:02 AM »
ummm Easy?...it's called a salad for a reason *L*
Life isn't about surviving the storm, but rather how to dance in the rain.

Offline 'Carol'

• 'Carol'
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2008, 05:44:31 AM »
CHICKEN SCALLOPINI

2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp. seasoned bread crumbs
4 sm. boneless, skinned chicken breast halves
1/2 c. sliced mushrooms, if desired
1/2 c. white wine

Combine cheese and bread crumbs, moisten chicken, press into bread crumb mixture on both sides. Spray the bottom of a large, heavy, nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium low heat. Cook chicken until underside is golden brown -- about 4 minutes. Turn, cook 4 minutes longer. Remove chicken to serving plate; keep warm. Add mushrooms to skillet -- cook 2 minutes. Add wine to skillet and simmer several minutes until reduced in volume, stirring. Pour over chicken and serve.
May love litter your life with blessings!
"You've got to dance like nobody's watching, and love like it's never going to hurt."

Offline Lynn

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2008, 01:54:40 PM »
Can this be made without the wine?  Sounds good!!

Offline Easy

• Yea, So Im'm Easy
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2008, 05:09:18 AM »
hmm...cheese chicken and wine....sounds good...*S*

Offline Lynn

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2008, 10:17:41 PM »
Marinade

2 tablespoons Brown sugar
2 tablespoons Teriyaki Sauce
1/4 cup beer

This is the BEST marinade for a nice thick steak for the grill.....
Also use the same recipe to marinade your fresh mushrooms and onions and saute them in this.

My daughter just made this the other night and it was the best flavored steak and mushrooms.

Offline PeterFitzwell

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2008, 06:55:32 AM »
Stuffed Sleeves with Prosciutto
Millerighi con Prosciutto
SERVES 6

Manicotti means little muffs or sleeves and is a large tubular pasta usually stuffed with ricotta cheese and served topped with tomato sauce. For a change, how about ham-stuffed manicotti baked under a creamy white sauce? 

FILLING1/4 cup olive oil
1 onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups diced prosciutto
1/2 cup grated carrot
1/3 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
Salt to taste
1/2 cup white sauce 
SAUCE6 tablespoons butter
6 tablespoons flour
3 cups hot milk
2 cups Fontina cheese, cut into bits
2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
Salt to taste

1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese 
DIRECTIONS
Cook the manicotti in 4 to 6 quarts of rapidly boiling water to which 1 tablespoon of salt has been added. Cook until al dente; they should remain a bit firmer than normal because they will be baked in the oven.

Drain, cool them, and set them aside while making the sauce.

To make the sauce:
Melt the butter in a two quart saucepan over medium heat. When the butter begins to foam, whisk in the flour and make a smooth paste. Slowly add the milk and continue whisking until the sauce thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. Stir in the Fontina cheese, thyme and salt. Keep the sauce warm and covered.

Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan and stir in the onion; cook until the onion begins to wilt. Stir in the garlic and cook until the garlic softens. Stir in the prosciutto; cook a couple of minutes. Stir in the carrots. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the cheese and white sauce. Cool until easy enough to handle.

Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly butter two baking dishes, each big enough to hold 6 stuffed manicotti in a single layer.

Fill the manicotti with some of the filling and place them in a single layer in the baking dishes. Cover them with the remaining sauce and sprinkle the grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese evenly over the top. Cover the dishes with aluminum foil and bake them for 30-35 minutes; uncover the dishes and bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until the top is nicely browned. Serve 2 per person as a first course or use as a main dish.

Offline Lynn

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2008, 07:31:43 AM »
That sounds good but so envolved lol.........
This seems to be dying down............I'd like to see some more recipes.......I'm tired of the same ole same ole.......anyone out there gonna help?

Offline Easy

• Yea, So Im'm Easy
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2008, 01:14:03 PM »
These are good, but took me much longer then the 40 min.

Cheeseburger Buns

Ingredients:
2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
3/4 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup shortening
1 egg
1 teaspoon salt
3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 pounds ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
8 slices process American cheese, quartered
Directions:
In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, sugar, shortening, egg, salt and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
    Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
    In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce. Remove from the heat; set aside.
    Punch dough down; divide into 16 pieces. On a lightly floured surface, gently roll out and stretch each piece into a 5-in. circle. Top each circle with two pieces of cheese and about 3 tablespoons beef mixture. Bring dough over filling to center; pinch edges to seal.
    Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 20 minutes. Bake at 400° for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 sandwiches

Offline Lynn

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2008, 01:21:41 PM »
that doesn't sound very easy to me lol

Offline chai

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2008, 08:43:37 PM »
Greek style meatballs

1 lb ground veal
1 lb ground pork
1 egg, slightly beaten
2 tbsp dried bread crumbs
Juice of ½ lemon
1/3 c finely chopped fresh mint
1 tsp dried oregano
¾ tsp salt
Fresh ground black pepper
About 1 tbsp olive oil for frying

In medium sized bowl, combine veal, pork, egg, bread crumbs, lemon juice, mint, oregano and salt.  Mix until just combined.  For into 1 inch meat balls and set aside.
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.  Add meatballs to pan without crowding.  Fry for about 8-10 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.  Reduce heat if necessary.  Remove meatballs to a plate and set aside.  Repeat with any remaining meatballs, adding more oil if necessary.
Serve room temperature meatballs as an appetizer with tzakzki ( a yogurt garlic dip available in many supermarkets) or serve warm over rice.

Offline 'Carol'

• 'Carol'
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2008, 04:14:59 AM »
WoW Chai..those sound great! And a good way to use some of the fresh mint I  grow in my herb garden. Thanks so much, I'm definitely going to try them.
My SIL loves my Swedish meatballs. I think it's more time consuming than Chai's Greek meatballs though. Anyway..here it is.

Seedish Meatballs
Serves 6-8 as a meal

1 pound ground beef                    1/4 Cup Flour
1/2 pound lean ground pork                    1 tsp paprika
1/2 cup minced onion                    1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup bread crumbs                    1/2 tsp pepper
1 Tbs snipped parsley                    2 cups water
2 tsp salt                    3/4 cup sour cream
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup salad oil

Mix beef, pork, onion, bread crumbs, parsley, 2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper, Worcestershire sauce, egg, and milk.  Refrigerate 2 hours (this makes it easier to form meatballs...but I've omitted refrigerating them when I'm short on time)

Shape mix by rounded Tablespoons into balls.  In large skillet, slowly brown and cook balls in oil. (for more rounded meatballs...I bake them on a broiling pan in a 350 degree oven for 10-15 min until no longer pink inside.)  Remove and keep warm.

Blend flour, paprika. 1/2 tsp salt & 1/8 tsp pepper into oil in skillet.  Cook over low heat, stirring until mix is smooth and bubbly.  Remove from heat and stir in water.  Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.  Boil and stir 1 minute.  Reduce heat and gradually stir in sour cream, mixing until smooth.  Add meatballs; heat through.

I've put these in a small crock pot and kept on warm to serve as  an appetizer at parties, or served over rice or egg noodles as a meal.Enjoy! ::)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 04:18:41 AM by 'Carol' »
May love litter your life with blessings!
"You've got to dance like nobody's watching, and love like it's never going to hurt."