Author Topic: I guess Obama isn't collecting the 50 State Quarters..  (Read 15998 times)

rep

Re: I guess Obama isn't collecting the 50 State Quarters..
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2008, 06:32:11 AM »
this thread is starting to sound like the venting thread, in not so many words...maybe they should be merged?

Offline Nexhias

« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2008, 06:48:35 AM »
I don't dislike people because of their faith... I am far from prejudice.. and had He or ANY other candidate tossed around the BS as he has.. I'd say the same.. I am not upset at his faith.. I don't care who you believe in.. be it God... or the tooth fairy.. what I do believe in... is this is AMERICA... the USA... and should be governed by those at least who believe in God... Country and FREEDOM... my Father.. and Grandfather and even some of the Women of my family have fought hard to keep America Free...
IF I don't wish A Muslim running my Country.. [Knowing how the Muslim Nations HATE my Country and My Soldiers] thats my choice... doesn't mean I hate him for his religion.. I believe I stated my reasons.. such as taxes abortion his refusal to pledge to the flag or say his oath on the bible... my statement of fact that he is neither democrat, republican or independant.. but Muslin.. had no hate words.. no "I "kill you" words nothing.. it was mere statement of fact....

I didn't come here to argue.. I came here to post my feelings.. I didn't come here to get slammed or my head ripped off... I came here to express that Freedom of Speech that my Forefathers have fought so hard for....

if I don't wish a Muslim to run my country.. thats MY RIGHT as an American...

do I hate Muslims? no..... But I do love my country... Muslims have their countries to run.. America ISN'T one of 57... it has 50 states...

And whether people like it OR not... America was founded on "IN God We trust"

Don't believe in the Flag.. leave
Don't believe in what America stands for... leave
Don't like that American's want those that love America in the White House.. leave...

Obama has proven what and who he is.. ...

anyway.. end rant... this isn't to get people stirred up.. but my thoughts.. as an educated, free  Native American... who loves my freedom.. and life here.

I won't be posting further on this topic...

God Bless America...

You don't hate Muslims... but you don't post anything showing that you possess any knowledge of their faith or of their beliefs.  What has been posted are very broad, very generalized statements of a self-proclaimed educated 'Native American'.  And you assume that, by your own quote, Muslims hate America.

Newsflash:  Not every person of the Muslim religion hates America or Americans.  But with narrow-minded viewpoints like this-- yeah, I can see why some might.  

Many Muslims have seen this country for what it is:  a place to get away from forms of opression-- like religious opression.  That's what our country was founded on.  

Another newsflash:  Obama is running on democratic ticket.  Not the Muslim ticket.

And you're absolutely right:  you do have every right not to want someone to run 'your' country.  But the deal is.. this isn't just 'your' country.  No where on the Statue of Liberty is it inscribed "Give me your tired, your poor.. but only if they believe as I do".  

I'm quoting you here:  "Muslims have their countries to run... America isn't one of the 57..... it has 50 states".  Take a good look around you-- the Muslim faith is all around you, just as the Jewish faith is, the Christian, the Buddhist, etc, etc, etc.  This country was not built by WASPS alone!  Neither should it be governed by WASPS alone.  

If you don't like other faiths-- you're in the wrong country.
If you can't open your mind to other people-- you're in the wrong country.
If you think this country should be run based on narrow views of who should be running it-- you're in the wrong country.

I too am indulging my right to freedom of speech.  I will continue to do so against any and all forms of bigotry I see and hear, no matter how small or how big.  That anyone thinks this country should only be ran by certain people of certain faiths-- is absurd and in MY viewpoint-- highly UN-American.  The reason we split from merry old England back in the day aside from taxation was because of religious opression.  

Don't let your alligator mouth write a check that your hummin' bird ass can't cash.

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2008, 07:15:45 AM »
no kiah, they should not be merged.

This is a political discussion thread.. and political discussion is usually always heated. This discussion is especially heated because this election will have an extremely prominent place in the history books. We will either have a woman as Vice President for the first time in history, or we will be in a hell of a mess.. *G*

When I started this thread, I was thoroughly angry at Obama, and I was insulted by his lack of concern for who he thought he was fooling. I mean, come on, whether you are blue, green, purple, Catholic, Protestant, Atheist, or Pagan, IF you have been educated in any Elementary school in the USA, you would know that there are 50 states in the United States of America.
At the very least, you should be able to count to 50 slots on your State Coins map, or even realize that 5 quarters a year, times 10 years to collect them is 50 and since this is a Department of the U.S. TREASURY program, the man wishing to be in charge of that department SHOULD KNOW 50.

After watching, and listening, and absorbing all the debates, and even the VP debate, and after keeping up with this whole election, and reading up on background info, and watching public appearances and speeches.

I still do not believe Obama should be running the country.

While his wife refers to me as a "whitey", he sits in the last debate whining that McCain's advertising is picking on him, and he inferred that Palin was a pig with lipstick, but that is supposed to be just fine.  If you can dish it, you can have it to eat or you can shut the f**k up and sit down.

I listened to him say he was all about cutting funding for the military, NOT JUST cutting down forces in IRAQ, or getting us out of IRAQ, but cutting funding  for our military. IF you believe that some of our forces went into Iraq with outdated and inadequate equipment, just wait till he cuts funding more.

I listened to him say "we have to fund this program, and create that program, and spend on this and spend on that" but WHERE the HECK do you all think that funding is gonna come from?? The money tree in the back yard of the White house? NO.. It will come off of your back and mine. He certainly isn't gonna spend his own money or his buddies money.

He lies with a smile on his face about issues, while if you look at his track record, you can see it.
If he will lie to me now, he will certainly lie to me later.  I KNOW a snake before I pick it up.

And Dylan... Anyone can play the game AFTER they are called on the carpet for simple issues just to calm the waves of of the storm. Early on, in this campaign, while he was still Hillary's opponent, I WATCHED appearances where he would NOT pledge, etc. It wasn't until the media jumped on that, that he played the game.

~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline ~Dylan~

« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2008, 09:09:20 AM »
The one link where he is saying the pledge was in June of 2007, he announced his candidacy in Feb of 2007.  Somehow I don't think in those 4 months he just decided to fall in line.  Something tells me he was saying it all along.  He's a Senator in the US Senate.  He's a public servant.   It wasn't by happenstance he was elected.  Right now Obama is leading in the polls.  If that trend continues, he'll be the next President.  People want change, and Senator McCain is just more of the last 8 years.  Ultimately we'll just have to wait and see what the people decide.

~D~

rep

« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2008, 09:13:25 AM »
since this is America (i live in it, expressing my ideas in it) and this is Webmaze (and i couldn't find any rules regarding the political posts, i am free to express my opinion...

...even if it is against the Ubar, Ubara and Ubar's slave, right?...did i say that outloud? how dare me.

i mean, nothing in r/t effects r/p right? and this is a r/t board not r/p, right?...just making sure...~soft laugh~...remember, it's my question/thought/belief that i am free to state...(how many times have you actually said that in r/t...just wondering)

my problem is, i've learned more about the people behind the characters on this thread then i ever would during r/p. i've learned i really don't like some of your beliefs and since they are so passionately defended, i probably wouldn't be your friend. oh, i've been owned by Someone before who is very opinionated about most things, especially politics in which we disagreed on much yet it didn't effect our relationship, so don't try to say i have to agree on everything you say/believe/do to be your friend or Owned but let's face it, most true friends have similar VALUES even if they don't have the same political party.

if you were my true friend i would politely take your political printouts at first, read a few just because i like to read/hear other opinions but after the first five or so, i would tell you no thank you, that's enough, and when you continued, tell you what you can do with them.

if you were my friend i would sadly chuckle when you tell me that equality in America exists. great idea but not very 'realistic' and i believe you could agree. our country is better than any other for a lot of reasons and in a lot of things, but equality? no, i don't think so

if you were my friend i would thank you for serving our country. i genuinely thank you, and anyone, who serves/d this country and the good of its people, in ANY way, but it doesn't make your opinion weigh anymore than anyone elses.

if you were my friend i would tell you how silly you sound for thinking ANY candidate is not a liar, cheater, stealer, or do anything else bad for his own good, i mean the good of this country. some just hide it better or have better speech writers.

if you were my friend, i would thank you for watching your language while holding your opinion and trying to respect mine. did any candidate have to swear to sway your vote? (and for those who think i'm kissing his butt by saying that, can kiss mine)

tell me i put too much of 'myself' into my character in gor and i will quickly agree.

thank you for showing your true selves here

doesn't change my vote in November. doesn't change my hopes for America. but it's changed something in me...just have to figure out what...

heated political discussion...i understand....but some things on this thread...i don't and never will

i too will be 'taking a few fucking days off' and 'wont post on this topic again'..gee that was easy, almost fun, to use someone else's words for my own benefit...~smirks~...didn't want you to think i completely lost my sense of humor...there i set you up for a good reply

typist behind kiah{MTC}

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2008, 09:32:03 AM »
-Disclamer- I have very strange views so this might come off as a little blood boling...

Why does eveyone keep talking about obama not standing for the pledge of allegance?

I havent stood for the pledge since the fourth grade, why? because I believe in a seperation of church and state. God does not belong in the public schools I went to... dont belong in the pledge we give to the flag that stands for our country. But alas I am entitled to my opionion, I have friends in the armed forces that will not go to baseball games with me because I wont stand... I dont stand for the national anthem either... I do not discourage anyone else from their beliefes... but I think that we should not let our personal religious belifes run our nation.

you all wanna hate Obama for the fact that he dont stand for the allegance.. or the national anthem... or wont sware on the bible... fine... hate me too...

but dont take me to court... cause I cant be sworn in... its why I wont do jury duty...

The Pledge of Alligiance

The Pledge of Allegiance was first recited in 1892, the year it was first written. The author was Francis Bellamy, a Baptist minister from New York. Bellamy was also a chairman of a committee of state superintendents of education in the National Education Association.

Public schools all around the country were preparing a celebration in honor of the 400th anniversary of Columbus Day. Bellamy wanted a special celebration, and he wanted to center it around a flag-raising ceremony and salute. With this in mind, he wrote his pledge:

"I pledge allegiance to my Flag and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Notice the words "my flag." They stayed this way in the Pledge until 1924, when a National Flag Conference announced that the words "my flag" would be changed to "the flag of the United States of America."

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The Pledge stayed this way until 1954, when Congress added the words "under God." This was the final change, giving the Pledge its current wording:

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Schoolkids all across the United States recite the Pledge of Allegiance at school, usually in the morning. But they don't have to.

Way back in 1943, the Supreme Court ruled that schools couldn't require students to recite the Pledge. Today, only half of the 50 states have laws that require kids to recite the Pledge.

Standing for the Pledge of Allegiance, and standing for the National Anthem is about "dancing with the one that brought you" .. so to speak. It is about RESPECT

Let's look at it like this.. eh?

A Pledge is a promise, an oath, a swearing of loyalty... It should be something that you believe and speak from within.  Placing your hand over your heart when uttering this pledge is a way of declaring your seriousness about it.

You wanna live here, you want to enjoy all the freedoms that being an American offers, but you don't care enough about this country and those freedoms to pledge your loyalty to it?

"The Star-Spangled Banner" was recognized for official use by the Navy in 1889 and the President in 1916, and was made the national anthem by a congressional resolution on March 3, 1931 (46 Stat. 1508, codified at 36 U.S.C. § 301), which was signed by President Herbert Hoover.

United States Code, 36 U.S.C. § 301, states that during the playing of "The Star Spangled Banner" (United States National Anthem) when the flag is displayed, everyone except those in uniform should stand at attention while facing the flag with their right hand over their heart. Those in attendance who are not in uniform should remove any headwear with their right hand and hold it at their left shoulder, with their right hand held over their heart. Individuals in uniform should show the military salute during the first note of the anthem and stay in this position until the last note. If the flag is not displayed, people in attendance should face the music and respond as if the flag were present.

The Star-Spangled Banner Lyrics

O! say can you see by the dawn's early light
    What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming.
    Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,
    O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming.
    And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
    Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
    Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep,
    Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
    What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
    As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
    Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
    In full glory reflected now shines in the stream:
    'Tis the star-spangled banner! Oh long may it wave
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
    That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
    A home and a country should leave us no more!
    Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
    No refuge could save the hireling and slave
    From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
    And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave

O! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
    Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
    Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
    Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
    Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
    And this be our motto: 'In God is our trust.'
    And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave

Is your lack of respect for their lives all they really were fighting for?
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

~*~~*~

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2008, 09:41:05 AM »
The one link where he is saying the pledge was in June of 2007, he announced his candidacy in Feb of 2007.  Somehow I don't think in those 4 months he just decided to fall in line.  Something tells me he was saying it all along.  He's a Senator in the US Senate.  He's a public servant.   It wasn't by happenstance he was elected.  Right now Obama is leading in the polls.  If that trend continues, he'll be the next President.  People want change, and Senator McCain is just more of the last 8 years.  Ultimately we'll just have to wait and see what the people decide.

~D~

*grins*

well, actually, his political career as a Senator for Illinois got started by a huge sex scandal.. LOL
His opponent for that election was a massive blowout favorite.. Pretty much assured the win, Obama was basically a placeholder on the ballot so there was some choice..

Then, the other guy got caught with his pants down and willy out and the tide turned fast, furiously, and without hesitation. ... Obama got the job..

LOL
damn Democrats.. *G*.. you know there'll be more cigars in the Oval Office...
~*~~*~

~*~~*~

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2008, 09:56:46 AM »
since this is America (i live in it, expressing my ideas in it) and this is Webmaze (and i couldn't find any rules regarding the political posts, i am free to express my opinion...

...even if it is against the Ubar, Ubara and Ubar's slave, right?...did i say that outloud? how dare me.

i mean, nothing in r/t effects r/p right? and this is a r/t board not r/p, right?...just making sure...~soft laugh~...remember, it's my question/thought/belief that i am free to state...(how many times have you actually said that in r/t...just wondering)

my problem is, i've learned more about the people behind the characters on this thread then i ever would during r/p. i've learned i really don't like some of your beliefs and since they are so passionately defended, i probably wouldn't be your friend. oh, i've been owned by Someone before who is very opinionated about most things, especially politics in which we disagreed on much yet it didn't effect our relationship, so don't try to say i have to agree on everything you say/believe/do to be your friend or Owned but let's face it, most true friends have similar VALUES even if they don't have the same political party.

if you were my true friend i would politely take your political printouts at first, read a few just because i like to read/hear other opinions but after the first five or so, i would tell you no thank you, that's enough, and when you continued, tell you what you can do with them.

if you were my friend i would sadly chuckle when you tell me that equality in America exists. great idea but not very 'realistic' and i believe you could agree. our country is better than any other for a lot of reasons and in a lot of things, but equality? no, i don't think so

if you were my friend i would thank you for serving our country. i genuinely thank you, and anyone, who serves/d this country and the good of its people, in ANY way, but it doesn't make your opinion weigh anymore than anyone elses.

if you were my friend i would tell you how silly you sound for thinking ANY candidate is not a liar, cheater, stealer, or do anything else bad for his own good, i mean the good of this country. some just hide it better or have better speech writers.

if you were my friend, i would thank you for watching your language while holding your opinion and trying to respect mine. did any candidate have to swear to sway your vote? (and for those who think i'm kissing his butt by saying that, can kiss mine)

tell me i put too much of 'myself' into my character in gor and i will quickly agree.

thank you for showing your true selves here

doesn't change my vote in November. doesn't change my hopes for America. but it's changed something in me...just have to figure out what...

heated political discussion...i understand....but some things on this thread...i don't and never will

i too will be 'taking a few fucking days off' and 'wont post on this topic again'..gee that was easy, almost fun, to use someone else's words for my own benefit...~smirks~...didn't want you to think i completely lost my sense of humor...there i set you up for a good reply

typist behind kiah{MTC}

My my my.... where to begin.

I guess I will just lay it out for you.

This is here in the OOC area... and has been allowed to continue as an avenue to vent, speak out for or against, etc... in order to keep it all out of our vt room. It has no place in Gor, on role play etc.

So having said that... seeing your post more in the light of  a means for you to thumb your nose at some sort of authority.... come off as a smart alec... and draw into the OOC area the IC aspect portrayed in our room... All I can say is enjoy your time away until you are mature and in enough control of yourself to seperate real time earth from the arena of role play Gor.

rep

« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2008, 01:40:52 PM »
All I can say is enjoy your time away until you are mature and in enough control of yourself to separate real time earth from the arena of role play Gor

or what, 'kiah{MTC}' will be killed? ignored?

i stand by my beliefs in all of my posts...i'm glad i said them out loud and not just whispered or thought them..the only thing i could be sorry about is if i did not speak up

You have the power to ban, be sarcastic or anything else you wish, IC and on these boards, because of your position in the room and WM.

if that does not intimidate some people from posting their true beliefs on any post here

then i must be....living in a fantasy world

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2008, 02:05:47 PM »

typist behind kiah{MTC}

yes, kiah, you are free to express your opinion. And yes, this is an OOC board, and what is expressed here is not part of roleplay.  

And just because your opinion and my opinion are not the same when it comes to politics, it doesn't change anything at all.. I imagine my opinion that my favorite color and yours are different, and that my favorite hockey team and yours aren't the same, nor would be our favorite ice cream, or what we consider to be a handsome or attractive man. That is one of the precious gifts of being human. The one precious gift that God gave us over the animals. Choice.

Even my daughter and I don't agree on this issue. I have had fight after fight with her over this... and NOT because she wants to vote Democrat.... but... in fact... because

she won't even register to vote at all. She seems to believe that if you register to vote, then you can be called for jury duty and she doesn't ever want to be called for jury duty and so won't even register to vote. I can't even begin to tell you how pissy I am about that.. because EVERYONE should exercise their right to vote.

Do I love her any less.. nope..
I only look at myself and wonder where I went wrong on this one, or where her father went wrong, because we have both always voted and always encouraged her to get involved in these things.

I relish my family and friends and their differences of opinion. I might not always like the choices they make, but I love them just the same.

I had to laugh at the "did I say that outloud" part.. I say that at work all the time when I let my mind speak before my tact gets in control of it..

Again, I keep thinking back to why I started this thread..it was over the number 50. I didn't even know there were 57 Islamic states till people here informed me. I just knew that his statement about campaigning in all 57 states, except Alaska and Hawaii because they were advised it would be dangerous stuck in my craw for 2 reasons.

1. I didn't even want to think about someone being in charge of my economy that didn't understand 50 states.. If you can't count 50, how can you count billions... *G*

2. I have lived over half of my life in Alaska, and I was insulted that he was scared of a place I could walk safely through blindfolded and in my sleep... LOL

I am sorry that you feel I have stepped out and stepped on your life. But I am still gonna debate this political thing, and with fervor.

~*~~*~

~*~~*~

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2008, 02:24:50 PM »
I relish my family and friends and their differences of opinion. I might not always like the choices they make, but I love them just the same.

ah loves you too!

thats why its ok that we have wayyyyyyy diffrent views on politics...! but... going back to the origional point...

I cannnot get a friggin hawaii quarter! if its this hard to get the last one, how will I ever get seven more?!

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2008, 02:45:20 PM »
Hawaii hasn't been released by the Feds yet.. *G*..

You can keep track at http://www.usmint.gov/index.cfm?flash=yes

The US Mint site. . click on the link for coins and then the 50 state quarter program and then the 10 year release schedule..

*G*
~*~~*~

~*~~*~

Offline kadi{MTC}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • Tuchuk's lil pouncer
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2008, 02:56:31 PM »
You have the power to ban, be sarcastic or anything else you wish, IC and on these boards, because of your position in the room and WM.

if that does not intimidate some people from posting their true beliefs on any post here

then i must be....living in a fantasy world

sorry kiah sis but the words above are wrong, this is a ooc board and Rags does not intimidate anyone for posting what they believe in, He does not use His power of position, that is my findings anyway

kadi
May love and laughter light your days..And warm your heart and home..May good and faithful friends be yours..Wherever you may roam..May peace and joy bless your world.. And may all life's passing seasons..Bring the best to you and yours..

sinnocent

« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2008, 05:26:49 PM »
gonna place this here as mere observation...not in the great debate of things...

I seem to see.. if I have or others have a strong view on things.. that others don't like.. I am called names... I believe Bigot and a few others have been used concerning me...

I have not once.. called anyone on these boards one name... nor have I out right been nasty to anyone.. I've not used another's words for quote nor have I..well.. blasted anyone for their beliefs...

I am ashamed to read some of the stuff I've read on here... that because I have a difference of opinion.. I may not be worthy to be someone's friend.. or that my "narrow minded" self is the cause of people looking badly on America???

I am sorry to inform you of this slight fact here... but...

You don't know me... I am not so eloquent with words.. and I've never been to Iraq.. I've never done or been many things in my life.. but I have and will always be.. Honest... Loyal.. Faithful...Loving.. Kind.. and Understanding.. I have Compassion and even for those I whole heartedly believe in.. would I die to defend their freedoms should I have to...

I will not be called names.. not here.. or anywhere... YOU don't like my thoughts... don't read them... Don't respond to them.. don't give them another thought....

You calling me names won't change my views.. but it does add a different light to your character how ever...

slave.. Free... young.. old.. green yellow black or white.... we are what America is about... and my views may not be liked by some.. but I am not the only one who thinks them..

but before you go running off at the mouth calling me names... might wanna step back and check yourself.... I am not the enemy... and you will NEVER find in my words half the crap I was accused of above..  as saying... DON'T add words to things I've said... the buck stops here...

if you don't wish to be my friend because I don't agree with Obama being president.. by all means.. don't let the door hitcha where the good Lord splitcha... if my so called friends and family can't love me inspite of my faults... then they can't love me at all....if they can't agree to disagree with me.. then.. thats their problem..

When I lay my head down at night. I sleep well.. because I have nothing to be ashamed of....
and even tho you've called me uncalled for names... I won't hold it against you.... because I am above that behavior.. but I will say this...

keep your name calling out of it... or at least your name calling at me... this isn't High School any more... and I believe we are all supposed to be adults...

now.. I enjoy watching the debate.... its been eye opening in more than one way... thanks for the info prism.. your on it ...

the typist of sin

Offline NightStorm

• WM Tuchuk Council
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2008, 05:44:00 PM »
*shakes my head as I read*

In my SEVERAL years alive...and as a voting citizen, I have discovered that rants and opinionated fights among people do very little to change political views.  All it does is cause hurt feelings and destroy friendships, as we have seen on this thread.  And I don't want to hear lies and half-truths about EITHER candidate.  I feel I am intelligent enough to research the issues myself and make my own decisions.

I take my RESPONSIBILITY to vote very seriously.  I, however, don't feel the need to take sides on this board.  Suffice it to say that I DO intend to cast my vote on November 4.

I also don't think I will read this thread any longer because I count everyone in MTC as my friend, and won't have what I have seen here so far influence my friendships.

Perhaps we need to concentrate on encouraging people to take their RESPONSIBILITY seriously, and voice their opinions by casting their vote, instead of listening to...and espousing to....all of the bi-partisan media hype and negative advertisements. 

NightStorm
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 06:01:49 PM by NightStorm »
I am selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best...~~~Marilyn Monroe~~~