Author Topic: Where I have been  (Read 17407 times)

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
Re: Where I have been
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2008, 07:10:43 AM »
Oh gosh.  I'm sorry, Alex.  This is why I don't do "outside" animals.  Have had many hit by cars, and it bothers me every single time they die because of that. -hugs- Sorry about Damien.

Offline familure{TD}

• woobie's mini-me
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 09:15:35 AM »
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they miss someone very special to them; who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance.
The bright eyes are intent; the eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to break away from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
YOU have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.
The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

the amount of time you and Damian shared is not nearly as important as the meaning of the time you two had together. you gave him something noone else had...love and understanding. thanks to you, he was able to live a full life in a short time.

~hugs~

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. - Steve Prefontaine

Offline Alex

• Wapike
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2008, 12:27:52 PM »
... damn it Familure.. lol now im crying at work...
-takes a breath and catches my nerve for the moment-

thank you darlin, that means alot.. and it will be a joyous day when i get to do that and see him again...

thanks everyone for your words, Im getting better today as the day goes on, and thats a good thing.. Damien is Buried and in a better place.. So thats all that matters. So Im happy for that....

So thank you I will always remember that.
bye bye!

kelsey

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2008, 01:43:59 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about your loss Alex....and I agree with what lure said....it's not the amount of time....it's the quality of time you gave to Damian....

Offline Savan

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2008, 04:46:32 PM »
Being a former Black Lab owner myself.  Well lab and what ever else taged mom while she strboutted her hot box all over the neighborhood.  lol   I can tell you that for well over a year they will bounce and bounce and run and bounce  and make you wish you had a perscription to valium.  In the long run when all is said and down and you have survived the terrible 2s you have a awesome pet.

BTW  have not been on in a few days.  Cat knocked a wind machine fan of head of bed onto my face.  Not that I needed any help in the ugly department.  My left eybrow and part of my forehead swelled till I looked like cromagnum woman.  Got blured vision and what I needed another dang headache.  I told hubby I was going to tell everyone he did it.  lol.  Doing better, swelling gone and thank heavens did not bruise as bad as could.  Cat still is alive and has all its fur.  snicker.  I hope to get back to business tomorrow  and someone needs to give me some chores...  Love and miss you all
This is SB or Silent Breeze  for some reason I am registered under this name from before.  DOH

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2008, 07:35:23 PM »
Being a former Black Lab owner myself.  Well lab and what ever else taged mom while she strboutted her hot box all over the neighborhood.  lol   I can tell you that for well over a year they will bounce and bounce and run and bounce  and make you wish you had a perscription to valium.  In the long run when all is said and down and you have survived the terrible 2s you have a awesome pet.

BTW  have not been on in a few days.  Cat knocked a wind machine fan of head of bed onto my face.  Not that I needed any help in the ugly department.  My left eybrow and part of my forehead swelled till I looked like cromagnum woman.  Got blured vision and what I needed another dang headache.  I told hubby I was going to tell everyone he did it.  lol.  Doing better, swelling gone and thank heavens did not bruise as bad as could.  Cat still is alive and has all its fur.  snicker.  I hope to get back to business tomorrow  and someone needs to give me some chores...  Love and miss you all

Egawds Woman!!!

*Huggers* I am glad your recovery is going well.

:-*

Offline dilshad{property of Tira}

• ..and without a dream, what then is the dreamer ?
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2008, 07:56:01 PM »
heartfelt sympathies to both Master and injuried Mistress
..you can not grasp it.
 You can  only touch the  fire and be seared by it,  even destroyed  in it's embrace, but never can you hold it, not for a heartbeat.

Offline Salem

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2008, 02:17:18 PM »
Sorry to hear, Alex.

Pet losses always hit as close to home as family losses do, just because they are just as valued as a member of the family as a human. If anything, take away from this the knowledge that if you can make a difference in that dogs life, then you can always do it in another animals life just the same.

And Breeze, from my experience with cats, they never do things accidently. You think it's trying to tell you something ? lol

But I'm glad to hear you're getting better.

When you go home, tell them of us and say, for their tomorrow, we gave our today. -John Maxwell Edmonds

Offline Kitya

• Surrounded by a multitude of shadows
    • Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2008, 06:45:42 AM »
pfft.. cats frequently do things accidently. they just cover by looking nonchalant and the expression of "I meant to do that". I just sit there and laugh saying, "oh, so you MEANT to jump into the bottom of the couch instead of ontop of it... I'll keep that in mind". Whomever said cats are graceful creatures, apparently never owned one. *lol*

Offline Alex

• Wapike
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2008, 07:09:56 AM »
when life give you lemons you make lemonade... my old faithfulll computer is crashing, got hit by a virus, so im here at work... typing to you all... and thanks for the kind words, life is back to normal though i think the spirit of Damien is still with me for some reason because all other dogs hate me now.. even my mothers dog who used to loved me snapped at me the other day.. so im thinking the little shit is stilla round ,, waiting for me ... lol

Hope all gets better Breeze...

and now im off to make a hell of a lot of lemonade
bye bye!

Offline Savan

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2008, 07:21:05 AM »
I am so sorry I posted my comment and had not read them all.   <i> offers you a hug  </i>  some people say they are only animals.  They are my kids all 20 plus of them.  No am not a old cat lady, just how many that have showed up and we took in for they were unwanted.  All fixed and have shots.  We are stopping here though...lol.

I am so sorry for you, I lost one earlier this year I had raised on bottle because I sprayed frebreeze and he inhaled it.  Burnt his lungs and shut down his kidneys.  (((all pet owners beware of that product)).  I still miss that fuzzy fur ball even with all the others I had.  You gave him a great life for the time he was with you.  He at least got some well deserved love and careing.  You never know when  another one will be led your way that will need the same thing.  Maybe one of your lots in life is a caretaker of animals just like me.  Take care and hope you get a comp up and running soon.
This is SB or Silent Breeze  for some reason I am registered under this name from before.  DOH

Offline Salem

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2008, 11:05:42 AM »
Well, apparently my old cat was a meticulous and clever one...he made a habit as a kitten of eyeing me up while at the computer, then literally clawing his way painfully up my leg and chest, until he perched on my shoulder...then I would look at him and he would lick his paw, because that's where all the preciousssssss blood was...
When you go home, tell them of us and say, for their tomorrow, we gave our today. -John Maxwell Edmonds

Offline flame{NS}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2008, 02:20:38 PM »
lol that sounds like my kitten... hey look at me i am soooooooooo cute you are not going to do nor say a word to me cause you love me and i am soooooooo cute...

yea my kitten....

da  flame
I won't promise to be your friend forever, because I won't live that long. But let me be your friend as long as I live.

Offline Alex

• Wapike
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2008, 02:34:22 PM »
well as of wednesday im ordering a new pc... i got my old one up and running in the free and clear but as this pc is 7 years old its time for a new one.. the way i figure it, i lost my dog, the cubs lost... i need something good in my life... so im getting a new pc... i figure the old one can be a back up for The Terran or Amber if needed... that or if i get another roomate I might just hook it up again and have a spare pc... so after all that im going to do something i have not done yet in MTC. That is devote myself to becoming a full member of the room... thats a goal for me, as everyone has been awesome in support and really being a complete family online.. this is something i have not had other than Terran and Amber who( most of you might not know) my mentors in online... they are the one to thanks or blame, which ever way you look at it. I now know where they get this sense of family from and that is from Ragnar, Raziel, Familar, and my Momma Lilac to name a few... this is very cool to me so after all of this I am going to read more and really get a feel for what Tuchuck actually is, I make no bones about it, I play Wapike as a young adult on the verge of become a contributing Tuchuck male, and I am ready to make that step. I havnt taken the time in other rp experiences to really make a character the right way... to spend the time to make the character slowly and the best way to make one, to not go for being a no body then to being the badass in a matter of a few months, as I have had to be in other rooms on many occasions..

So thats the jist of it for me, any help or rescources other than the vast online rescource of the Tuchuk pages such as books, would be very appreciated...

on a side note, if anyone has a good pc site to buy a computer other than Dell and some hints(because im going to go with Vista) would be appreciated too...

later all and thank you

Alex
bye bye!

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2008, 02:57:24 PM »
Well it's about time you start devoting some attention to camp -hands on hips- Ayup.  As for learning well, there are the books by John Norman, though I have tried to read Nomads (the best book to read to learn about Tuchuk and the wagon peoples) and John Norman is not an easy read.  Not like the books I have gotten you into, and we all know you probably wouldn't read these.  The best resources I have found, have been online.  Though be careful where you go, as usually people make stuff up (kinda like the vampire sites at times).  Start slow, read our pages, they help a lot, and then, learn the rest ICly, as I did when I first started here.  There are fathomless levels of knowledge from the people who roleplay here.  Each of them have been different places, and can tell you about them, if you ask.

Amber