Author Topic: FOREST EVENT PANTHERS  (Read 18295 times)

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
FOREST EVENT PANTHERS
« on: January 04, 2010, 02:12:47 AM »
Panthers entering the event may post their logs here so all may keep track of the event's action.

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
Re: FOREST EVENT PANTHERS
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 08:59:01 AM »
Ilona ceded the position of Lair Leader to Kathryn and took over the position of Firekeeper.

Afterwards she went into the forest to scout with Medicine Deer.  They found a campsite containing a woman sleeping by a fire.  Since it was asked that they not engage in combat on this scouting mission if it can be avoided they moved on.

Ilona made her way south and eventually came to the cleared glade only to find Kathryn already there and a lone male in the middle hiding in the grass.  Kathryn formulated a plan to flush out the male but the male remained stubborn.  Rather than continue to flush him out, it was decided the three panthers would camp out and take turns guarding the glade waiting for an opportunity to ambush the male.

Offline Bolorerdene

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 07:39:28 PM »
Bolorerdene is a rogue panther that comes from a wagon camp and came here after fleeing her home when it was overwhelmed by another wagon camp. She ended up in the forest about 2 years ago, and has been trying to make it on her own since then. Having been a part of a few short-lived panther lairs and after a few altercations with other women of the various lairs not thinking she was strong, nor had the demeanor to be a panther. They forsake her in the middle of the forest to defend herself and to hopefully stay alive within the forest until such a time as she could find an egress of the forest without any jewelry upon her neck, or she finds a panther band that will permit her in their band and counsel her of the ways of surviving and living in the forests.

In recent days, she has begun to notice that the forest has become slightly more active with sounds of not only other Panthers, though she knows not if they are also rogue as she, or of another band, has yet to come to be known. She has also seen and heard men invading the forest, as she's still on the run, thinking the men of the wagon camp who hunted after her when she fled her own wagon camp during the dark of night. Afraid they have returned to acquisition her and return her to her new home and new position as a kajira of the new wagon camp.

Offline Kimba~

• C'est la vie, c'est le Gor.
    • PantherClaw Taluna Jungle Homepage
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 02:59:30 AM »
Our plan to capture Krash was thrown off when Viktor stumbled upon the battle in progress and threw it into chaos.  Krash got away, but Viktor was captured.  Viktor is wounded but treated, and Medicine Deer is also wounded and treated.  Vik is bound and chained in the Glade Cabin.  Kathryn is also inside, guarding Medi as she rests, and keeping an eye on Vik.

Krash is more seriously wounded, and at this time still playing pattycake with Ilona.
Kimba, PantherClaw Taluna Jungle, WM

We have it in our power to begin the world over again.~
Thomas Paine

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 12:05:47 PM »
Last night Kathryn, Ilona, and I made our second attempt to capture Krash.  I pelted the Kassarian crackpot with crack potshots, (and insulting taunts), from a nearby tree, and the other two Panthers waited to skewer him with arrows.  We would have had him, too, except a male named Viktor stumbled into the melee.  In the confusion that followed, Kathryn and I took on Viktor, and Ilona chased Krash into the treeline.  Apparently Krash either avoided Ilona, or somehow subdued her, because he made an unbelievable shot, and an arrow hit me in the butt as we were capturing Viktor.  Viktor and I needed medical attention afterwards, but we will both be back to normal, soon.  I am spending some time practicing with his weapons, the short spear, with the attached chain, is interesting.  His quivas are of better quality than mine, and I will replace my two with two from his belt of four.  I can't wait to get him back to the lair...it has been a while since we have had a good 'spear dance'.  Ilona is acting strange whenever I mention 'spear dancing' with Viktor.  (shrugs)  I will have to speak to her, privately, on the subject.  In the meantime, Viktor is quite the 'eye candy'.  It has been a long time since I have seen such a handsome, and well built, male.  I find that I am feeling emotions that have lain dormant in me for many, many years.

Medicine ("Medi") Deer
Red Savage
Naked Blade Panther Band
Head Scout
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle

Offline Kimba~

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 11:34:27 PM »
Viktor is still trussed up in the cabin and Lazarus is staked out in the glade.  Spear dance tomorrow.

Thomas Paine

Offline Kimba~

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 12:16:34 AM »
I renamed Lazarus as the thrall of the lair named furface, but he didn't seem to accept it, even though Charisma degradation-striped him and he is staked out.  Three Panthers spear danced him until he had a big woody, but then left him with panties on his face to think about his "negotiating position" with regard to his possessions and possible trade goods.  And since I don't believe he has any actual goods to barter with, things are not looking rosy for him.

Here is how he is bound:
*There were 5 steel stakes, which had been set deep in the ground.  The stakes had large triangular handles, which could be twisted as the stakes were screwed into the turf.  They were 30” long, and the farthest 15” from the handles were corkscrew.  So they had to be screwed and unscrewed from the ground, a quite time-consuming process.  There was no way they could be ripped from the ground quickly, and the 5 together could probably hold a high-tharlarion.*

*Your limbs and throat had been secured to the stakes in different ways.  The stake near your throat had been screwed in as deeply as it could go, two padlocks secure a chain between your throat and the triangular handle.  The chain is steel, with links about 1” in diameter.  We had doubled the chain to form a simple slipknot, so two lines of chain go around your throat, and a padlock does not allow this loop around your throat to open any wider than snug around your throat.  The two ends of the chain are wound around the triangular handle of the stake, and held snug with a padlock.  The left side of your throat is held snug against the steel handle of the stake. You might be able to move your head two inches to the right without choking yourself, or maybe not.  The bright side is, if you want to choke yourself on purpose, for fun or suicide, you can probably do so.*

*Your arms and legs are held into a position like the letter Y.  Two stakes hold your arms stretched out above your head at 10 and 2 Oclock.  Your wrists are tied to the hanles of the stakes with leather thongs, which were tied on and triple knotted when damp, and left to tighten quite securely.  Two stakes hold your legs straight out and together.  One of these is near your ankles and to your left, and the other near your knees and to your right.  Binding fiber secures your ankles to the lower stake, and your lower thighs just above the knees to the upper one.  Your thighs and ankles are looped with six loops of fibre, and the loops are separately cinched with two loops each between your legs.* 

Thomas Paine

rep

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 03:34:31 AM »
Aoife rejected/abandoned the Band/Lair to strike out on her own, slipping away the night before last,  as the frenzy towards the spear dance grew. While there is safety in numbers, the feeling of freedom seems well worth any risks and there are many. She stumbled upon a cave, went inside to explore and found it empty thus far.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 08:54:32 AM by kiah{MTC} »

Offline razz|n.o.i.r

• TCP
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 10:56:30 AM »
Chrys;

A barbarian that managed to flee from a camp, and into the forest. The ways of the kajira was not for her, and she faked to conform to their ways. She bitterly obey'd her masters and mistress's. Biding her time in flawless serves, until the right moment came for her to escape. Her time spent within Gor, was long enough for her to grasp the majority of the spoken language. Strong willed in wanting to be free to do as she pleased. Not being able to bear wearing a collar like a piece of property for longer than she had to. She learned what she could, gathered and hid supply's, until the day came. Though now within the forest? She is scared, angry, paranoid. Unsure where she is going, or what she will do. The up most thought within her mind? Survival, at whatever cost.

(there bro, happy? -laugh-)
S I l v e r . & . C o l d
Sarant'satsral Onyxbane

IN | T:CP
- P o r t a l . o f . D r e a m s -
-In Mourning-

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 12:15:26 PM »
Chrys;

A barbarian that managed to flee from a camp, and into the forest. The ways of the kajira was not for her, and she faked to conform to their ways. She bitterly obey'd her masters and mistress's. Biding her time in flawless serves, until the right moment came for her to escape. Her time spent within Gor, was long enough for her to grasp the majority of the spoken language. Strong willed in wanting to be free to do as she pleased. Not being able to bear wearing a collar like a piece of property for longer than she had to. She learned what she could, gathered and hid supply's, until the day came. Though now within the forest? She is scared, angry, paranoid. Unsure where she is going, or what she will do. The up most thought within her mind? Survival, at whatever cost.

(there bro, happy? -laugh-)

LOL Yuppers *S*  :-* :-* :-*

Offline Kimba~

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 03:59:42 PM »
Aoife rejected/abandoned the Band/Lair to strike out on her own, slipping away the night before last,  as the frenzy towards the spear dance grew. While there is safety in numbers, the feeling of freedom seems well worth any risks and there are many. She stumbled upon a cave, went inside to explore and found it empty thus far.

We treat a missing Panther as a relatively serious occurance, especially when unexplained.  For all we know, Ao is laying helpless somewhere with a broken ankle or something.

Last night I instructed our Head Scout to put all the Scouts under her into searching for AO, starting at dawn.  First, a Phase One search within two pasangs, assuming she is injured and will assist in people finding her, answering calls, etc.  Then a Phase Two search of the same territory, assuming she is unable to assist in her own rescue, perhaps unconscious or delerious.  When this is complete, and nothing is found, including no signs that she was captured; the decision will probably be made to hunt her down and collar her.  I expect to be quite angry when I determine that we spent all this time and effort searching for a Panther who has betrayed us.

*Goes back to idly sharpening my knitting needles while waiting for the search to be complete.*

Thomas Paine

Offline Medi

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 12:24:35 AM »
This afternoon was another difficult one for me.  As Head Scout, it was up to me to track down Aoife, who had disappeared, and we were not sure if she had run, or was injured.  After a long day of searching by myself, I did find her.  Unfortunately, she was not injured, she had gone rogue, and was ready for me in an ambush.  We exchanged bow shots, and we each scored on each other.  I sank a shaft in her thigh, and my shoulder was badly creased by one of hers.  Thankfully for me, Kate, and the other Scouts arrived before one of us was killed, and subdued Aoife before we caused more blood to flow.  As I walked back to the Panther Camp, a tourniquet tied over my shoulder, I reflected upon Ao.  Why did she go rogue?  What are we going to do with her?  How do we detect someone else who is going rogue?  My dark eyes are a bit dull with pain, but they start to brighten as I think of a distraction.  There is a male tied down in the cabin...I am not so badly wounded so as to not be cheered up by 'riding the wild monkey'.  I pick up the pace, to the surprise of Kate and the others.

Medicine 'Medi' Deer
Red Savage
Naked Blade Panther Band
Head Scout
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

rep

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2010, 07:56:12 AM »
Aoife had spent the night in the cave. It felt great to clean myself and my clothes. I fed on a kill and drank well. Life on my own was good until a Panther from the Lair caught up with me. There was a short lived exchange of arrows. I got a hit into her but took one to the thigh before I could find out the extent of her injuries. The pain was enough to have have me hallucinate another Panther showing up and it was then I attempted an escape. With the arrow still embedded in my thigh, I could not move fast and was easily captured. Reinforcements then showed up to help Medi and the Leaders voice was the last thing I heard before losing consciousness.

(My first combat was memorable but also very confusing. I thought we weren't using timestamps and were using the honor system instead of judging. I didn't have a problem with either, but think that the judging should have started back at the beginning of the combat. Invalidating posts from six or seven posts before killed the flow of the r/p. (I understand that Kate was afk for some of it but she was there at the beginning and there were experienced r/p'ers in the room to pass judgement. I am glad they allowed Medi and I to continue to gain some experience on our own but this also made it a bit suspicious for Medi's Leader to start judging when the hamstrung was made and not before). I did learn a lot and have much more to still grasp, including that I need to shorten my posts to absolute specifics if I want them to 'count'. This may take some of my passion out of my rp but there is a time for words and a time to let my weapons speak, lol. Personally, I had fun with Medi before it got too complicated for my inexperience. I now know better what to expect and tonight should be quite...interesting. It was good to see Rhodynion and Chrys come in)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 08:05:12 AM by kiah{MTC} »

Offline Kimba~

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2010, 02:31:37 PM »
I am going to clarify this.

I didn't even read the combat between Medi and Ao.  It was completely up to them to figure out what happened.

Bolerodene's entry into the ongoing combat, after the combat was 10 mins (and more) ongoing, was invalid, by clear rule.  Once combat has started both sides have a max of 10 minutes to add any allies or friends to the battle. Any one who arrives after that may not join into the combat.

Her attempted hamstringing was invalid in two other ways.  It would have been too many actions in one post, and it was unrealistic because she could not have reached her intended target without bending over, and she did not do that.  Medi was not experienced enough in combat to know how to properly respond to invalid attacks

Rags and I discussed it in PM and we had to try and make the best choice from bad options.  At first we tried to keep the flow of the roleplay going, and just rolled back to the last valid action.  But then Bolerodene got mad and X'd out (though she later returned and apologized); and the best solution was then to invoke the 10 minute rule and void the whole clusterfucked mess.  I want to emphasize that this is not a decision that I made, but one that Rags and I made together.

Alternatively, we could have let the clusterfuck stand, and from the looks of it, at least two if not all three of them would have been mortally wounded and their characters out of the roleplay.  Not to even mention that I would have spent the entire rest of the event finding new ways to torture Bolerodene until even Rags was sick to his stomach contemplating her fate.

Ideally, we could have an honor system with nothing judged.  But, from a pragmatic standpoint, adversarial combat roleplay sometimes falls apart without some sort of objective control.  I think that if Rags and I fought for real, it could go for days without either one of us acknowledging we had taken a serious wound, because we wouldn't think that we had.

When I ran a Lair, I did everything I could to keep judging out of it; but there were still times when Room Controller decisions were necessary.  I don't see this event as being that much different.  We want to do our best to let the players play, but inevitably there will be a few situations where that falls apart and somebody needs to step up and straighten it out.

Thomas Paine

Offline Medi

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2010, 02:48:34 PM »
Thank you for your clarification, Kater.  (smiles)  Ao and I could have fought for much longer, and probably would have ended up in a draw.  You would have come across your Head Scout panting, laying against a tree, glaring at Ao, who would be doing likewise.  We would both be trying to patch up wounds, and planning on how to get the advantage over the other.  Bo did totally surprise me, I had seen her approaching, but really didn't expect her to join into the fight.  I hadn't r/p'd any response to sensing her approach.  By the way...if my character had been hamstrung, would I have had to r/p being crippled the rest of the game?  I would rather have been killed, I could then rejoin in a different persona.
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman