Author Topic: Ubar Hospitalized in ICU  (Read 36200 times)

Offline Kimba~

• C'est la vie, c'est le Gor.
    • PantherClaw Taluna Jungle Homepage
Re: Ubar Hospitalized in ICU
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2013, 08:10:28 PM »
I'm so sorry that these so-called professionals have added to your suffering, by putting their own concerns above the concerns of the people in their care.  Their dinners, their malpractice insurance, their stats, their kickbacks....

Woobs, God can't always help us with our circumstances, because everybody's circumstances intertwine with cascading effects.  But one thing God always can do, and always will do, if you ask Him - is ease your suffering.  He doesn't just automatically do it, because some people choose, want, or prefer to suffer - and they have the free-will to do so.  You have to ask.  Accept that God can't change the circumstances that cause you to suffer, but will change the intensity of it.
Kimba, PantherClaw Taluna Jungle, WM

We have it in our power to begin the world over again.~
Thomas Paine

Offline Mercilayne

• MTC - Vintner Clan Elder
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2013, 09:05:59 PM »
You said it best.. Kill them all and let God sort them out.  I am shocked... at how they did, not surprised, but shocked.  They should all be shot repeatedly until dead, then revived and shot again.  Hang in there.  And feel free to vent all you want to.  You need it.

Thoughts and prayers as always and much much love..  As well as access to any and all weapons I have.  -hugs ya lots and lots-

If you need to vent, I think you have my number, if not, lemme know and I'll give it to you.  I'm a good listener.

Love you both lots.

Offline Hippie

• Make Love Not War
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2013, 09:55:49 AM »
My heart goes out to you woobie, so sorry you are having to go through this. I am not fond of hospitals or doctors and I use to be a Respiratory Therapist. I hate the way they treat people. One of the reasons I got out of the medical profession.

My thoughts and prayers are with Rags and you,too, woobie.

Peace and Love,
Hippie
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2013, 01:11:00 PM »
Prayers are still outgoing for both you and Rags. He is not going to be a happy camper when he wakes up and learns where he's been stuck at and I can see him collaring any nurse or doctor who tries to get near him as well. Ray and I are sending lots of healing energy his and your way while he goes through this rough patch. Remember to get some rest and that you have family here as well who love and care for you deeply.

-huggggggggggggggles you tightly and sends you special dolls in the likeness of the nurses and anesthesiologist to vent your anger out on-

Tell him I can't wait to talk to him when he wakes up. You both are loved very much!

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2013, 02:23:19 PM »
Today when I got there, they were cleaning and changing his bedding. he had gotten the first dialysis treatment and it went well they said. they didnt give me a time frame when he will get the next. The doctor came in and explained to me that his blood pressure was up, which is good.. but she did advise that it is only up because the pressure raising medicine that they are giving him is very strong. extremely. She said that if he had not been on that high of strength, his pressure of 80/40 would not have sustained him through the night. now it is up to 107/70 but again, only because they have him on the high strength med.

She said the kidneys weren't functioning and his lungs were not functioning right and that there was tissue damage in the organs because of the sepsis and because he had lain long unresponsive. Basically, the longer he laid on the floor unresponsive, the more damage that could be expected.  I asked her if she meant because he lays around a lot on his computer, or about the longer he lays in the hospital..She said.. no because "they found him unresponsive" and gave me one of those "are you stupid " looks.  She said "do you understand unresponsive?"

Oh yes ma'am I understand unresponsive. I never wanted to learn it like this... Who did the woman think found him? the man on the freakin' moon?  Did paramedics magically appear and find him unresponsive after I called them while he was playing frisbee??

She was pretty much telling me that because I didn't recognize he was on the floor and do something (because I was asleep) more damage had happened than would have if I had been paying better attention to a man with a fever.

She said he is making progress on fighting the infection, slow but baby steps.. whether he pulls out of the damage will remain to be seen. She again suggested that he will probably have to be placed into a long term care facility. She said they will be keeping him sedated, and he will have to keep the breathing tube and the feeding tubes.. until further notice.

I sit there and I talk to him and I share things about the day and I don't know if they are getting through.. I have been kicking myself for not knowing that he was that sick, and now I can add that I am the reason his organs are damaged.

His main nurse is the only one that gets that he does better when I am holding his hand and talking to him while she tries to do something. She will say, okay girl, we gotta suction out his mouth, and I will explain to him and tell him to hold still and hold his hand and he still fights but not as much.

I just keep praying that God's will be done, and then add nicely that my vote is for him to be healed.. I thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. please keep them going.

love woobie
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline Kimba~

• C'est la vie, c'est le Gor.
    • PantherClaw Taluna Jungle Homepage
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2013, 03:42:33 PM »
I am the reason his organs are damaged

No you're not.  All you can do is the best you can do, and that's it.  You've always done the best you can do, and there's no fault in not being able to do more.  We're only human, even you and Rags.
Kimba, PantherClaw Taluna Jungle, WM

We have it in our power to begin the world over again.~
Thomas Paine

Offline familure{TD}

• woobie's mini-me
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2013, 04:07:17 PM »
-snugs you up-

Don't you blame yourself for that. Don't you let that bitch do that. She is an ignorant bitch, making opinionated judgements about things she clearly has no f'ing clue about.

There's a ton of things to I want to say, but they don't matter. What matters is this - you are an amazingly strong woman who has a lot of people who love the both of you more than simple words on a screen can express. Always.

You both are so very, very loved.

-bunny snuffles-

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. - Steve Prefontaine

kiahMTC

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2013, 05:27:06 PM »
nothing is coming out right, right now, so i will simplify.
thank you for taking such good care of Master Ubar, now, yesterday, and every day before that.
i care and i continue to pray for you both.

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2013, 05:31:03 PM »
Do not blame yourself for anything, woobie.  Don't.  Unless you sit on him, shove a thermometer in his mouth, ear, armpit every ten minutes, you  cannot know if he is feeling well or not.  Will he tell you he isn't feeling well?  No.  Has he ever?  No.  Is he going to start now?  Maybe.  But you can't blame yourself for what happens in the middle of the night while you are getting the rest you so richly deserve.  He would never blame you, so you shouldn't blame yourself.

Please remember, and remind him as well, that we love you both, and that are praying for you both during this time.

Amber

Offline Shylina Marie

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2013, 05:33:21 PM »
IN no way is it your fault Woobie. There are too many factors here and I'm not going to go into it.  He knows you are there. He hears every word you say.   God's will shall be done in all this. All things will happen in God's timing not ours.  We will continue to lift him and you in prayer.  I sent you a private message on the board. You are loved and He needs you.  Make sure you take care of you.  Also communicate with His Doc Babe.  Let her know whats going on as well.
Never Meddle in the Affairs of a Dragon.  for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2013, 06:21:53 PM »
My prayers continue for you, Rags, and your family, woobie.  No one can question your devotion and love for Rags, Rags will be the first to tell everyone that you are his God sent helpmate.  God is watching over you and Him, and your family.
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle

Offline Trouble

• Chancey Wolf Cabot
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2013, 07:46:47 PM »
~hugs and prayers~

Rags my Brother... don't you dare give up..none of us are ready to let go yet.

prism ..darlin don't let those nurses get to you.  I'm sure Rags would be pissed if he knew you even gave it a second thought that they might be right.

I sent this thread to Mitran... We miss you all so much ... stay strong

~*Chancey Wolf-Cabot*~

Trouble in rl

if You don't stand for something You will fall for anything

Offline RickBulow74

• Da insane one who Owns the Narrative
    • Rick's Crazed World
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2013, 06:11:57 AM »
woobie, I am surprised you did not slap the taste out of the nurse's mouth when she said that. I would have throttled her bigtime.

You had done what YOU could do at the time especially when you were asleep when he first fell! They best watch their footing lest they find themselves in the middle of a hell they had not experienced before! Hell, after that "nurse" said that I do believe that you just MIGHT have grounds for a lawsuit just because she slandered you or in a sense said you are to blame.

kneemail still being sent and know that I am here to help if at all.
OOC - Rick

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2013, 12:59:41 PM »
Well, today when I got to the hospital, they had been trying to let him have a break from the respirator. He was breathing fine without it for the entire 45 minutes that they had it turned off for his "break". AWESOME ~~ wiggling ~~

I had taken a list of you all with me, a list from my messages, etc, and a legal pad of paper and a marker and I made big signs for him that said "Our LOVE and Prayers" and listed names.. in big enough print I could hang them on his wall and he would be able to see it when he ever opens his eyes.. I want him to know y'all are there for him and with him along with me.

I had called early this morning and been told he was about the same, made it through the night fine, etc. I had asked then if there were any plans for today and was told no.. okies..

While I was hanging up signs, the nurse came in and I asked her about his numbers and such.. she was evasive. I asked her if the Infectious disease doctor was around and she said he had been in early early this morning. I told her I had spoken with his Dr. Babe and that she wanted to know where the sepsis had come from, and that she would like to see the notes and things .. the nurse didn't seem to like it much but she told me she would tell the drs that his doctor wants files..

Then about 10 minutes later, the dialysis nurse came in and said they were gonna do dialysis and I would have to leave. They aren't allowed to have visitors in the room while they do that.. so I kissed him, told him I loved him and I would see him later..

*giggles quietly*... he wiggled his head when I told him I messed up his hair...(for those of you who don't know, he keeps his hair buzzcut)
that's a little out-of-the-shower joke between us when he rubs the towel all over it and says there my hair is done, how does it look?

love woobie
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2013, 01:08:16 PM »
Good signs all around woobs.

Raz