Author Topic: MacLaaran Village  (Read 78293 times)

Offline Serenitee

• Forever His
Re: MacLaaran Village
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2005, 05:14:03 PM »
~mumbling under her breath as she grips her skirts, nearly running to the castle.  Bursting through into the main hall, a passing blur as she utters a quick hello to seth, tossing a backwards wave oper her shoulder to him.  Nearly tripping over the rug near the hearth as she goes into the library.  Frowning as she had forgotten to ask Sir Kyle if she could borrow a book...but not having the time to worry about that..for she was late~

~taking a book from the shelf and neatly tucking it beneath her arm as she rushes back through the hall...smiling and nodding again to seth.  Laughing to herself as she sees words form on his lips, but did not give him the chance to utter them. Waving as she scurries out the door and down the path back to the village~

~stopping to catch her breath for a moment. Her free hand catching at her side, gripping as a piercing pain hits.  The kind of pain one gets when running too hard.  Drawing a long breath as she decides to walk the rest of the way.  She should have been there much earlier~

~sighing softly as she reaches a small cottage just on the outter edge of the village to the east.  Walking up onto the porch, pausing as she hears Dahlia's voice...quite clearly.  Dahlia(NPC) was looking after several of her grandchildren this eve and had enlisted Seren's help. At that moment....Seren jumped at the sound of crashing glass followed by muffled exclamations from Dahlia. Chuckling to herself as she opened the door just a bit and peeked in.....covering a giggle as she sees Dahlia crouched on the floor, some kind of batter pooling around her....and five bewildered youngsters doing their best to not grin at their grandmother~

~clearing her throat as she steps into the room and looks to the children...grinning but putting a finger to her lips to shush them.  Kneeling down as Dahlia looks up forlornly.  Softly chuckling, Seren places a hand on her loyal friend's arm, gently smiles and helps her up, ushering her out of the room...delivering sound orders for her to clean herself up and go out for the evening~

~snickering as Dahlia goes, she hears giggling behind her.  Looking back from the corner of her eye as she turns quickly..just in time to see the eldest child spooning batter over the youngest child's head.  Forrowing her brows as she plants her hands on her hips, rolls up her sleeves and goes to work~

~cleaning up the broken bowl and batter then delegating chores to the older 3 children while preparing water to bathe the younger two....chuckling under her breath at the mutterings of youngsters being forced to do chores....softly humming as she tends the little ones......thinking what a long night it's going to be....laughing as she notices the book she had laid on the counter at some point in this fiasco....realizing that she will not get to finish it this eve~
"If it is meant to be, our hearts will find each other when we meet. And if our hearts melt together so will our bodies and souls. Then every word and every touch will fuel our passion flame. I will be yours, you will be mine, and we will be one."

Offline Serenitee

• Forever His
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2005, 05:00:57 AM »
~sitting up, startled at first then remembering that she had taken a room at the castle last eve.  Laughing to herself as she gets out of bed, shivering as the chill of the morning hits her bared skin~

~looking around the room, furrowing her brows then peeking out the door, into the hallway.  Smiling thankfully seeing that her clothes have been laundered and left neatly folded on a table by the door.  Quickly picking them up and going back inside, dressing for the morning~

~noticing how quiet everything is, she skips down to the scullery and puts together a breakfast tray...softly humming as thoughts of last eve cause a smile to curve her lips and sigh~

~putting the last touch on the tray, she heads back up to the guest room where Prae spent the night. Putting her ear to the door, hearing no sound, she quietly opens the door and walks inside....gently closing it behind her~

~softly smiling as she sees him sleeping peacefully.  Setting the tray on the bedside table then sitting next to him on the bed.  Watching him sleep....smiling softly as she brushes a lock of hair off his forehead....wondering what he dreams of at that moment...as a smile tugs the corners of his lips~

~having got caught up in admiring his handsome features, she shakes her head gently and takes note of the creeping dawn.  Leaning and softly kissing his lips then standing up easily...as to not wake him.  Making her way out of the room, pausing for a moment at the door to look back...sighing softly as it pains her to leave him. Closing the door quietly then heading off to start her day....wondering how she can make the hours of the day pass more quickly~

"If it is meant to be, our hearts will find each other when we meet. And if our hearts melt together so will our bodies and souls. Then every word and every touch will fuel our passion flame. I will be yours, you will be mine, and we will be one."

Offline Sir Kyle

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2005, 10:10:43 AM »
Hmmm? So Sernitee and Prae stayed in the castle overnight. Interesting. Too much wine, maybe?
 ;D

Offline WilliamTaillur

• Life is worth living with the right friends.
    • William Taillur's page
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2005, 09:23:17 PM »
What kind o Wyne did Ye leave for them?  Not using Damiana's love potions in it .. are Ye Kyle????
What ever it was... sure had Serenity using an old nag to find Prae when Will was rescued.. LOL
Tis the joyous things we share with our friends that brightens each day. Tis the concern, care and love shared in hard times that keeps life manageable and our friends close to our hearts.

Offline Praegorn

• Lady Serenitee's deepest admirer
    • Praegorn's Path
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2005, 12:32:49 AM »
Praegorn arrived late Saturday night from a trip to some of the outlying villages surrounding MacLaaran, having been in search of news of interest.  After a long and mostly uneventful day with little of note but the talk of the upcoming All Hallows Eve, he turned his horse and rode back to MacLaaran, meaning to make it before the setting sun, as the sliver of a moon had provided little light to travelers.  As he rode, he looked at some fields that still bore some vegetables and shook his head, knowing at this time of year they would most likely be left to rot.  What a waste!, he thought.   But as he passed a modest inn upon the roadside, the smell of food floating in the air from the place turned his thoughts to the evening's meal and so he stopped there to take his supper, then passed a couple of hours with the inn's customers, trading idle chat and rumors that floated from village to village.

Eventually, his belly full and his mind on tasks he had yet to perform, he took upon his horse and set out for MacLaaran once more, keeping Marshmellow to a walk to spare himself any misfortunes along the dimly lit way.  Arriving in MacLaaran village, he paused and glanced towards the Castle, focusing his eyes on the windows to see if any were about, but saw no lights save those of the torches the guardsmen kept lit to light their way on the castle walls. 

Prae then turned and headed to the Herald.  Stopping before it, he dismounted and tied Marshmellow to hobble her, allowing her to still move about, though slowly so that she might not wander too far away.  Entering into the Herald building then, he lit a candle and walked quietly, not meaning to disturb Caitlin (NPC) who had long ago turned in for the night.   Setting the candle upon a desk, Praegorn took up quill, ink well and parchment and set forth notes, detailing the stories that would appear for tomorrow's edition of the Herald.  Some time later, weary of mind, he took to a cot in the storeroom and passed the night in pleasant slumber, the day's tasks finally at an end.
Editor of MacLaaran\\\'s Herald<br />MacLaaran Council member<br /><br />

Offline Serenitee

• Forever His
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2005, 05:15:59 AM »
~Patting the unruly curls that stray across her shoulders then smoothing her hands downward over the soft, burgundy fabric of her corset as she pivots in front of the mirror.  The heavy skirts rustling against her stocking covered legs.  Grumbling to herself at the heavier layers of clothing she is having to don due to the season's chill~

~adjusting the shoulders of her chemise then tugging on her cloak. Slipping the hood on as she takes one last look at her reflection before walking from her cottage to make her way to the shoppe~

~softly humming, nodding to the village early birds.  Pausing for a moment, her back stiffening as she shivers...a sharp, nearly icy gust of wind causing certain sensitive parts of her form to stiffen...pulling her cloak more firmly about her, briskly rubbing her arms as she walks more quickly~ 

~a thought popping into her mind suddenly.  She turns toward the Herald.  Walking quickly in hopes of catching Praegorn there.  Reaching the Herald's door, peeking in...seeing the he is indeed there, but speaking with one of the villagers.  Wickedly grinning to herself as she wiggles her fingertips in a wave to get his attention~

~Praegorn looks over the villager's shoulder to see her standing there waving.  He's nods very slightly but goes about his dealings.  Seren, chuckling to herself, boldly slips a fingertip between her lips...knowing his eyes are on her...she draws the fingertip downward over her chin then along her neck...resting it lightly at the top curves of her breasts.  Her cloak falling to the side, displaying the obvious effects of the morning chill~

~Prae blinks quickly, seeming to stutter a bit in his speech to the villager who is still going on about the goings on of MacLaaran.  Lifting a brow as Prae directs a stern gaze to Seren.  She snickers very softly then looks behind her and to make sure no one else is about.  Tugging her bottom lip between her teeth as she slowly grasps the edge of her skirts...looking to Prae then to her toes..urging his eyes to follow hers as she pulls the skirts up bit by bit. Her silken legs exposed just past the knees~

~unable to hide a grin as Prae roughly runs his fingers through his hair.  The expression on his face hard to read...but knowing she will surely get a staunch scolding this evening at the castle. Smiling angelically as she wiggles her hips a bit then lets her skirts drop back into place. Winking at Prae as she turns her palm upwarm, circles her tongue against the soft skin, then presses a kiss and blows it to Prae.  Nearly laughing out loud at his darkening gaze toward her~

~looking over her shoulder then gasping as she sees a gathering of villagers waiting to get into the Herald.  Blushing and giggling as she quickly turns and makes her way to the shoppe to start the day....chuckling to herself~
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 01:14:09 PM by Serenitee »

Offline WilliamTaillur

• Life is worth living with the right friends.
    • William Taillur's page
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2005, 06:03:09 PM »
Busy about Mine business and arranging for more materials to be brought to Port Endinburgh from some o the finest weavers in the known world. Mine order including MEN's fabrics as well as LADIES faberics fro Denton and Serenitee.

Heading back to the castle with a few samples, does deliver 200 yards of various materials to Denton. "See what Ye can do with these samples, say for a couple of Lords and their boys?" as I encourage Denton to prepare finished samples of His work to display at the port.

Then delivering a few bats of Material to Serenitee along with matching thread. "Yer skills are becomming known abouts. Perhaps Ye would like to make some nice clothing items for display at the port?"  Then giving Serenitee some specific measurements to reference and nay saying Who's measurements they be. Thinking to Mine self, *I am sure the port Master's wife would definitely look good in those colors this holiday season.  The port Master will be quite pleased inspite o the expense We had discussed*

Of course, the order would nay be complete without a few iron bars and a few barrrels of various nails for the carriage shope.  The I placing an order with Kyle for a carriage for Dami and I to use during this cold winter.  Then asking Him if His skills included something easier over the snow covered ground in deep winter.

The scurries of to the castle.......
Tis the joyous things we share with our friends that brightens each day. Tis the concern, care and love shared in hard times that keeps life manageable and our friends close to our hearts.

Offline Sir Denton

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2005, 05:45:14 PM »
~after just having poured M'Self a cup o' ale and settling back in the main hall by the hearth I hear the announcement of William by seth, in the normal manor I bow M'head respectfully and greet in His direction, though this day He has a different look within His eyes... I can see something like a satchel beneath His arms upon making His way towards the seating area, perhaps samples of business is within...~ Good day M'Lord, I see Thee hath something of great importance with Thee...

~William smiles and sure enough it is indeed business at hand as He sets forth the samples to be inspected.... Slowly I run M'finger over the fabric feeling its texture and grain, a smile encroaches upon Thy lips as I speak~ M'Lord these samples are absolutely wonderful, I can see a great many things being created, along with a fair share of profit...

I take it the materials have been delivered to the Ripped Seam M'Lord, I shall start right away making these raw materials into profitable items...~downing M'ale, I rise giving William a firm hand shake in business and friendship before setting out to M'Shoppe in the village~

Offline Serenitee

• Forever His
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2005, 03:20:43 PM »
~she smiled and nodded as William handed over the fabric. Blushing at the thought that her creations may be well known, but thrilled to know she may in fact, some day, be as good as her mother had been~

"Nice clothing, display...~musing aloud~...I could whip up a garment or two!  Thank Ye M'lord."....~smiles and takes a look at the measurements William mentioned.  Lifting a brow then chuckling...lowly talking to herself, wondering~

"56 indeed!  I do nae know if I can fashion an....unmentionable of that measure....~laughing softly as she continues~...and goodness, that will nae do at all...~tapping a fingertip to her lip, her eyes suddenly lighting with an idea~

"Tis certainly a womanly in her figure....~holding back a chuckle~  M'lord, I'll take the task to hand.   Thank ye for the ideas and fabric."

~walking back into the castle after directing a carriage to deliver the fabrics to Dahlia at the shoppe. Sitting down for a bit...sketch book in hand, losing herself in thought as to what wondrous creation she can come up with~
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 03:23:24 PM by Serenitee »

Offline kaydee

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2005, 07:37:44 AM »
(09:17:12 )

kaydee ao
is in the scullery and says to ALL: ~letting a light tune flow over my lips as i scoop water into the kettle to heat for a cup of tea.....carefully carrying the kettle over to the hearth, gently slipping it onto the hook so that it may heat up....then turning with a slight swish of my silks as they flow about my feet....placing a clothe over the counter to protect it from any wax that may fall.....reaching down into the small bag i brought with me.....tiny hands quickly untying the string then reaching to withdraw the metal canisters....seeing the perfectly round shape of them as i brush my fingers over them.....all of them various sizes for candles......then reaching into the bag, removing the vials with various scents that will fill a room with the teasing fragrance but not overpower......but from what i have heard from the other servants, a bit more scent for Lord Tristram might not be a bad thing......a light giggle flows over my lips as i set the vials down.....then finally taking out the vials of color that i will add to each candle.....placing them on the other side of the clothe then tying my hair back with a simple ribbon as i get ready to start. 

(09:21:26 )

kaydee ao
is in the scullery and says to ALL: ~wrapping a clothe around my slender hand to protect it from any wax that may fall upon it.....taking the canister gently into my hands, the metal cool against my slender fingers as i stand before the large vat...watching the wax gurgle before dipping out some wax into the metal canister....feeling it grow warm against my fingers i quickly fill it to the top then turn back to the counter....placing it down upon the counter then opening a vial with a soft red color....adding a few drops then stirring the wax so that the color is even all the way through......tapping my chin then picking up the vial of cinnamon scent.....adding a few drops as the scent wafts up to tickle my nose.....

(09:28:49 )

kaydee ao
is in the scullery and says to ALL: ~then weighing the end of the wick down with a flat coin....i place it in the center of the wax and watch as it rests perfectly in the center.....then stepping away with the other empty canisters......filling each of them to the brim with hot molten wax....setting them down pon the counter....adding different shades to each of them before adding scent....giggling as i add a few more drops of vanilla scent to the one.....knowing i will place it before Lord Tristram's door......then adding the wicks carefully to the candles before leaving the scullery as the candles cool.....

(10:33:29 )

kaydee ao
is in the great hall and says to ALL: ~gently placing all the candles upon a table with a small note in front of each of them.....the cinnamon candle for Sir Kyle and lava, the vanilla candle for Lord Tristram....a light laugh flowing over my lips as the stronger scented vanilla candle tickles my nose.....then setting a note that says Lady Damiana before the rose scented candle.....Lady Serenitee's name before the lavender candle and then a note with Lord Taalyx before the last one.....blushing a little then turning away from the table~

Offline Serenitee

• Forever His
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2005, 05:41:38 PM »
~sighing softly, her hand passing around the back of her neck as she leans her head forward a bit, rubbing gently while closing her eyes. Lifting her chin and dropping her hand to her side as she steps off her cottage porch and sets out for the castle...in need of a good book from the library there~

~tugging the hood of the woolen cape over her head.  The soft mossy color of the garment complimenting the muted burgundy and green, tapestry fabric of her cotehardy.  Still not accustomed to wearing her warmer garb, tugging at the long sleeves of the dress, making a face as the fabric is still somewhat new, so fairly itchy~

~walking leisurely toward the castle.  The swish of her skirts the only sound breaking the evening silence.  Softly humming as she stops to look up into the night sky...smiling brightly as a star shoots across the deep, midnight blue of the sky.  Closing her eyes, her lips parted as she lifts her chin...her long curls peeking from her hood, dancing about as the wind catches them.  A soft whisper escaping her lips as she makes a wish...biting her lip gently as she starts on her way again~

~finally reaching the castle.  Passing through the door, winking to seth.  Nearly laughing out loud at his expression~

"Ye are always a welcome sight seth....~she smiles warmly~  Ye tend the castle entry dutifully and with nae grumbling.  An asset to MacLaaran ye are"...~she smiles and continues into the hall~

~pausing for a moment near a small table, seeing several candles there.  Looking around...grinning then picking one of them up, holding it near her nose to inhale it's scent~

"Oh, tis cinnamon scented!...~wiggling her nose~....and softly so....~being nosey as she sees a tag attached~....Ahhh....a gift for M'lord Kyle and lava...I'm sure they will approve!"

~laughing as she looks toward seth and how he raises his brow at her for messing with things that do nae belong to her~

"Oh they will never know!...~chuckling as she picks up another candle and sniffs. Sweet vanilla filling her senses~....Mmm....very nice...~peeking to see who this one is for....giggling~.....how fitting!"....~laughing softly~

~setting that one down then taking up another...slowly passing it back and forth under her nose...sighing softly~...."Rose!..~looking at the card seeing Lady Damiana's name there....grinning~...I think she will enjoy this one very much."~

~two candles remaining, picking up one, looking at as she turns it in her hand then inhales it's scent.  A curious look crossing her face as the scent is unfamiliar. Turning the card over to read Taalyx's name there...nodding and laughing~

~lightly picking up the last candle. Her fingertip lightly tracing around the edge of the container.  Noting the perfect craftsmanship used to make all the candles...lifting it to her nose, inhaling lightly....her smile instantly brightening~.."Lavender!...~turning the card over to see her own name scrawled there, then looking closer for another name...seeing none....her brow lifting~....how curious!  Tis one of my favorite scents indeed...but who made these lovely candles?~

~wondering as she takes her scented gift and makes her way back to her cottage to put her new decoration to good use....not really thinking of the book anymore, but instead who could have left these for her and the others....wishing she knew so she could express her thanks~

Offline Praegorn

• Lady Serenitee's deepest admirer
    • Praegorn's Path
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2005, 07:49:04 AM »
"Well that went well."  Praegorn chuckled and stood at the doorway to the gardens for a moment longer, considering his next actions.  Already Serenitee had left and he was not inclined to try to catch her on her way home, thinking he was not of the mood just yet. 

As the evening at MacLaaran had winded down, and what remained of the folk in the Great Hall were mostly faces of people who were more recent with their time there, Serenitee, with a look of restlessness, suggested to Praegorn that they spend some moments together to talk of matters between them.   Looking around and seeing that the hour was indeed growing late, and that the Captain of the Guard had things well in hand with those who remained (seeming to make it a point to have his services at hand should some of the fairer ones of those that remained need it) Praegorn nodded quickly in agreement and said some quick good nights, then walked down the hallway towards the garden entrance where he awaited Serenitee.

Hearing her voice float down the hall as she in turn made her good nights known, Praegorn looked up into the night sky and admired the sliver of moon as it shined dully upon the garden and thought that it had been sometime since they had both ventured out here together and a smile curled his lips as he thought that perhaps a pleasant moment was about to be at hand.  A moment later though, he heard the door of the entry hall close with a low boom and he wondered who had either entered or left for the night.  Turning around and looking into the Great Hall at first, he saw Serenitee neither there nor the entry hall and had his thoughts realized when a moment later Sir Tristram informed him that she must have run away.  "Perhaps so" replied Praegorn, pursing his lips thoughtfully, then turned to look over the garden once more, standing there for a few minutes more quietly.

" 'tis Sunday and time for an early night anyways", he thought, and re-entered the Castle proper so that he could leave for the evening.  "At least I'll be able to catch a view of the decorations she had mentioned", he whispered to himself and set forth down the road to the village, hoping to catch a quickly glimpse before he returned to his cottage, quietly cursing that he had not seen fit to forage for some wood to fuel his fireplace to combat the chill for the upcoming nights that spoke of winter that was nearly there....
Editor of MacLaaran\\\'s Herald<br />MacLaaran Council member<br /><br />

Offline Serenitee

• Forever His
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2005, 11:08:01 AM »
~Sunday evening had passed too quickly.  She left the castle with intention of meeting with Prae in the garden.  Somehow, things had gotten confused and she made her way to the cottage...alone~

~once home, she sighed heavily, looking back, trying to put together what had happened.  She knew she had been unclear in what she wanted so could not blame anyone but herself~

~softly sighing again, her arms wrapping about herself, rubbing the goosebumps away then going to stoke the fire.  Feeling the warmth move through the small cottage as she went to change for bed~ 

~settling down near the fire with her journal, quill and ink, thinking it's been a very long while since she had written there.  Criss crossing her legs and moving the silken curls spilling over her shoulder aside. Opening the book to a blank page then dipping the quill~

November 27

There were many new faces about the castle this eve. Two lasses, who served very well.  I'm sure they will be a welcomed edition around MacLaaran.  I often wonder what it would be like to walk in a servant's footsteps...~tapping the quill to her lip~...  Would I be so willing as to want to serve everyone's needs?

I watch the lasses and admire how graceful they move though I do not think I could bare so much of my body...~softly chuckling, wondering how Prae would react to her in that position, her cheeks turning pink for certain~... nor move nearly as fluidly as they do.  My father would explode were he to know I thought such things.   Proper stations, I can nearly hear him lecturing.

Others were about last eve.  The regular, lively bunch.  Sir Tristram and Lady Lunar.  They are truly funny to watch.  I wonder who will toss who out the window first.  M'lady Damiana and M'lord William were about. I swear, they appear more in love each time I see them...~softly smiling to herself~

Sir Kyle made a brief appearance then was called away.  M'lord Taalyx was present as well.  My mind is blurring as it's late when I'm writing this.  I'm sure I've missed a few, but my mind right now is drifting to one in particular.

Praegorn...~thoughtfully smiling a bit as she scrawls his name with a bit more flourish than the others~... I wish I could go back into the evening and change some things. Perhaps I would not be sitting alone in my cottage "talking" to my journal had I thought better.  I did tell sweet Prae that I wanted to talk to him, about...us.  One moment I was with him, the next, I was walking briskly to my cottage, alone.  I must be insane...  ~she rolls her eyes and laughs wryly at herself then continues writing~...I left with nae a word to him as to what was happening.  What is wrong with me?..~she sighs heavily~...I want more than anything to with Prae.  What am I afraid of?   I can only hope to express my deepest apologies when next we meet.

~sighing one last sigh as she leaves the journal open to dry.  Standing up, the short chemise barely reaching her knees and falling off one shoulder. Shaking her long tresses and running her fingers through them.  Padding across the chilly floor, blowing out candles as she goes, making her way to her bedroom and into the soft covers...her last thought of him as she closes her eyes...softly whispering into the still night, feeling silly knowing he won't hear her~

G'night Prae
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 11:13:53 AM by Serenitee »

Offline kaydee

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2005, 08:58:05 PM »
remembering how quickly Lady Serenitee left the castle.....dark orbs filled with sadness at how uneasy the Lady felt.....deciding to make some candles for the lovely Lady in hopes that it will make the smile return to Her face....fetching my bag from beside the hearth then making my way to the scullery.....

(23:09:05 )

kaydee ao
is in the scullery and says to ALL: ~once again my bag full of the candle making supplies that i had brought with me......the wax bubbling away over the fire as my slender fingers reach into the leather bag.....pulling out the metal molds for the candles, laying each one gently upon the counter.....

(23:16:06 )

kaydee ao
is in the scullery and says to ALL: taking out the lavender scent and the small vial of purple coloring.....nibbling lightly on my lower lip as my fingers wrap around a small jar.....taking it out of the bag slowly, seeing the petals from the lavender i had picked before traveling.....smiling as i know just what to do with them......taking down a old tray that is well beyond it's use anymore....placing the empty cannisters with the long wicks resting inside each of them over to the large kettle......

(23:18:40 )

kaydee ao
is in the scullery and says to ALL: ~carefully pouring the hot wax into each canister then returning to the counter with the tray....slowly sliding it along the counter top....then lifting the small vial of color....unscrewing the cap then letting a few drops fall into the wax......closing the vial back up then moving the wicks around so that the soft shade of purple swirls through out the wax....each pattern of color different.....

(23:22:14 )

kaydee ao
is in the scullery and says to ALL: ~taking the vial of scent....placing a few drops in each candle as well.....making sure it is nae too overpowering for the Lady as i mix it into the still hot wax of the candles......then very carefully dropping the petals into each canister.....this time taking a thin wooden stick....mixing them around so that they remain hidden until the Lady burns the candles.....smiling as i place everything back in my bag......then picking up a small basket.....placing some of the petals along the bottom of the basket before retreating back to the hall...waiting for the candles to solidfy and safely be removed from the molds....~

(23:44:34 )

kaydee ao
is in the scullery and says to ALL: ~entering the scullery once again, slender feet carrying me to the candle molds.....lifting each one carefully, then tipping it upside down....catching the still slightly warm candle in my tiny hand....placing it and the canister down then repeating the motion until all the candles are free from the molds....wiping out the molds with a soft rag before placing them into my bag.....

(23:47:45 )

kaydee ao
is in the scullery and says to ALL: ~dark orbs shining with inner light as i carefully place the candles within the basket.....then covering it with a light clothe, tucking the edges in before lifting it into my slender arms.....slipping silently out the back door after placing my cloak about my shoulders.....moving swiftly towards the village, having gotten Lady Serenitee's address from seth earlier this day....

(23:53:50 )

kaydee ao
is in the MacLaaran Village and says to ALL: ~the cool wind nipping at a girl's face as i walk swiftly along the road....smiling as i glance around at all the different shops.....taking more time to gaze at each one then turning off onto a side street.....remembering seth's words as to which way to go......stopping before Lady Serenitee's cabin.....tiny feet carry me silently up the steps.......leaning down to place the basket just in front of the door......then slipping the small piece of parchment free from my pocket......reading over it to make sure it sounds alright....then laying it atop the basket before turning lightly on the balls of my feet....walking quickly away in cause the Lady awakens before i can slip out of sight~

The note reads as such.....Mi'Lady Serenitee.....i hope a girl is nae too rash or intrusive but i could not help but see how torn Ye were last night in the hall....girl thought that perhaps some new candles would make Ye smile so here is some for Ye.....they are lavender scented and i do hope that they offer warmth and light to Ye on these colder nights....

kaydee

Offline Serenitee

• Forever His
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2005, 05:28:28 AM »
~shivering as the morning chill brushes against her skin, the covers having fallen from her bared legs.  Jumping up with a start realizing she must do something special today...grinning as she quickly darts about the cottage...her short chemise nearly falling off her shoulders.  Shrugging to replace the soft fabric then finishing her tasks~

~setting the kettle to boil as she works about preparing a special breakfast. Pausing to press the back of her hand against her head, brushing the curls from her brow~

~filling a basket with fresh, sliced fruit as she waits for the water to boil.  Softly whistling as she dances about the scullery bit of her little home....cracking eggs into a small dish, scrambling them, adding a touch of cream, a tad of vanilla bean, a bit of cinnamon then setting them aside.  Reaching across the counter for a fresh loaf of bread, the soft curves of her bottom peeking from the hem of the chemise.  Humming as she slices the bread then puts a heavy skillet on the fire~

~watching the water boil then quickly taking it off the fire as she dabs a dollop of fresh butter in the skillet, waiting for it to melt nicely.  Meanwhile,  dipping each slice of bread into the egg mixture...waiting for a minute or so then laying them into the sizzling pan~

~whirling about to make a ceramic container of tea for later.  Whistling as she goes back and forth between the hot skillet, checking the bread and flipping it over...and her bedroom...trying to get ready for the day...laughing as she tosses off her chemise and dons a new one, only to see she has it on inside out. Taking it off and righting the garment before running back to flip the toasting bread.  Back into the bedroom, wiggling into a shirt, tugging it up, reaching behind to secure the laces.  Quickling running her fingers through her hair~

~skipping back into the scullery.  Grabbing a thick cloth to take the pan off the heat.  Taking the toast from the skillet with a fork, laying it on a plate then dusting it with powdered sugar, arranging berries and a dollop of fresh whipped cream on top.  Filling a small container of sweet, flaovored syrup on the plate then putting the entire setting into the basket with the fruit~

~checking to see if she has everything, tea, toast, fruit, syrup, basket...rattling the list off to herself.  Grinning as she dons her cloak and takes up the basket and walks out her door.  Stopping suddenly as she sees a basket there.  Kneeling to take what appears to be a note from it.....smiling softly as the soft scents drift past her nose...knowing at that moment that one little lass has been busy again~

~reading the note, a soft smile touching her lips as she looks briefly at the candles...perfectly made.  Sliding the basket just inside the door, making a note to personally thank kaydee when next the meet...her lovely scented candles were indeed soothing~

~stepping off the porch to make her way to Prae's cottage...knowing it's still very early and he will not yet be awake.  Sneaking inside and setting the basket near his bed....softly smiling as she leans to watch him for a moment.  His hand lifted and laying across his brow, much of his chest bare to the morning air...biting her lip, willing her fingers not to stray across his skin...she gently pulls the covers up over him...leaning and pressing her lips to his forhead...softly whispering~

Tis ye day M'lord ;) :D ;D ::) :P

~tucking a note she had penned earlier into the basket~

I do hope it's a wonderful one for ye...I look forward to seeing ye this evening and making up.....for a few things.

~softly smiling as she leaves as quietly as she entered to start her day, laughing merrily as she just now realizes she left before slipping on her shoes~