Author Topic: MacLaaran Village  (Read 79100 times)

Offline Sir Kyle

Re: MacLaaran Village
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2005, 09:50:59 AM »
Oh my God..... My mother used to make French toast like that.
Yummy yummy!!

Offline Serenitee

• Forever His
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2005, 04:55:26 AM »
~she rolled out of bed, disoriented, shivering, dancing from foot to foot on the cold floor of the guest chamber. She had spent the night at the castle. Winter may as well be here with or without the snow...as cold as the morning was. Sighing, wishing the day didn't have to start so she could crawl back into the warmth of the bed~

~frowning as she steps over to the wash basin.  Filling it with water from the pitcher she set there last eve.  As quickly as she can, she sponges off...little goosebumps raising on her skin as the chilled air hits the dampness left by the makeshift bathing~

~stepping gingerly across to the chest of drawers where she had tossed her woolen leggins.  Tugging them on, nearly smiling as her legs instantly feel warmer.  Grabbing the skirt she had draped over the dressing screen and wiggling it up over her hips.  The fabric needing an extra tug to move smoothly up over her hips. Next, pulling on the heavier fabric chemise, tucking it neatly into the waist of the skirt~

~running her fingers over her hair, shrugging and sighing as she doesn't want to mess with the unruly curls.  Taking a strip of ribbon from the vanity, tying the silken  mass low in the back~

~feeling much warmer as she goes down to the scullery to start a kettle to warming.  A cup of strong tea is what she needed.  Coffee would be better but she did not have time to stop by lava's this morning.  Looking around, wondering where cookie is, perhaps it's too early for even her to be up~

~taking up quill and parchment as she sits in a soft chair near the hearth.  Waiting for the water to boil.  Pondering last evening then shaking her head to put her thoughts to task. She had a trip to Colchester coming up so she started scribbling her list of things to take with her~

~she hadn't seen her father in a while so was actually looking forward to a short visit with him over the holidays.  It would certainly be a more enjoyable trip if she had company, but as things were going...it was liable to be a trip taken on her own~

~jotting down item after item that she needed for the trip.  In turn, going back and scratching one off every now and then after thinking better~

~looking over toward the scullery as she hears the kettle softly start to whistle.  Setting aside her list then going to make her tea...breathing deeply then closing her eyes for a moment...knowing her day must get started~
"If it is meant to be, our hearts will find each other when we meet. And if our hearts melt together so will our bodies and souls. Then every word and every touch will fuel our passion flame. I will be yours, you will be mine, and we will be one."

Offline Praegorn

• Lady Serenitee's deepest admirer
    • Praegorn's Path
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2005, 09:37:30 PM »
~arising with a spring as he woke swiftly, Prae quickly washed his face with what remained in his washbowl and dressed quickly, then left for the town proper, eager to meet the day.   Sparing a glance towards Serenitee's cottage, he noted that the chimney blew no smoke and surmised that she did indeed lodge that night in the Castle MacLaaran.  He hoped that she rested well as she had seemed most abrupt in her leaving the night before.

Turning, he continued his way into town and stopped at Clanninda's shoppe for a sweet bread with which to break his fast.  Pausing at the doorway,  he pulled the hood of his cloak over his head and stooped so that she would nae know him readily...and so was able to purchase his choice before she recognized him for who he was.  Once he gained his bread, he withdrew to the doorway and withdrew his cloak, then smirked openly at her, chuckling as she raised her hand and clenched it in a fist and waved it at him threateningly.

Smiling broadly then as he left for the Herald, he took a large bite of the bread as he walked, then tore the remainder in half to share with Caitlin, and began to think of how well this week's end day might fare..

Editor of MacLaaran\\\'s Herald<br />MacLaaran Council member<br /><br />

Offline Serenitee

• Forever His
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2005, 06:34:13 PM »
~taking one last look around the shoppe before leaving for the day.  Scribbling down a few notes for Dahlia then donning her cloak, tugging the hood over her wavy locks.  Softly humming as she closes the shoppe door behind her locking it~

~starting her short walk home, softly humming.  Pausing once in a while to adjust her cloak more snuggly around her shoulders.  Her thoughts start drifting to the many things she must do before her trip to Colchester for the holidays~

~nodding as she passes villager after villager, all seeming to be in a rush to make their ways home.....laughing softly to herself.  Quickening her pace, nearly dashing away the last few feet between her and the cottage as a brisk wintery feeling wind embraces her form~

~tossing off her cloak then settling into a chair near the fire, reaching  for parchment and quill from the chairside table as she gathers her thoughts and starts writing~

Dearest Praegorn,

In light of our recent conversations and negotiations,  I wish to ask of ye, a favor.  Well, nay really a favor as it's more of a personal request of ye.

I am to venture to Colchester to spend time with my father.  Tis a long, dull journey, I'm sure ye can imagine.  I feel so forward in asking this of ye, but would ye consider, making the journey with me?

I have hired one of the finest carriages so we should be very comfortable. 

I do nay enjoy anyone's company as much as yers and perhaps we could roam about London as we will nay be far from there.  A lady does nay dare venture out and about alone in that city.

I look forward to hearing ye thoughts on this matter when next we meet.  Until then.....

Truly yours,
Serenitee

~setting the quill across the rim of the ink well then fanning the parchment dry and folding it neatly.  Securing it with a soft, blue ribbon.  Getting up then walking to the door then out and across the way to Prae's cottage.  Knowing he's still immersed in Herald business at this hour, she slips the note under his door then runs quickly back to her own cottage rubbing the chill from her arms as she sits back near the fire....softly sighing then humming~

"If it is meant to be, our hearts will find each other when we meet. And if our hearts melt together so will our bodies and souls. Then every word and every touch will fuel our passion flame. I will be yours, you will be mine, and we will be one."

Offline Serenitee

• Forever His
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2005, 06:47:29 PM »
~busily tending to a few last minute details at the shoppe before closing it down for the holidays.   She had stocked the shelves, cleaned out the storage closets and set out a few new items for display upon her return~

~softly humming a cheery tune as she fills a basket with goodies from the village market.  She pens a note to Dahlia, thanking her for her hard work and wishing her and her family the warmest holiday season.  Folding the note and slipping it inside the basket then pulling on her cloak~

~taking up the basket then walking to the shoppe display window and setting out a sign she had made the day before~

~slipping out the door, basket in hand then locking up behind her before starting to Dahlia's.  Walking quickly against the cold air, tugging her bottom lip between her teeth as her mind buzzes with the many things left to do before the trip~

~she smiled as she thought about having company on the long trip to Colchester this time around.  Prae had accepted her invitation.  She only hoped he wouldn't come to regret it after spending time with her father, softly chuckling to herself.  Perhaps they would visit London and hopefully, her father would be on his best behavior~

~reaching Dahlia's modest cottage but seeing she is not at home.  She leaves the basket and note then turns to make her way to her own cottage to start packing.  She hadn't so much as thought of what to take along, much less packed a stitch of anything.  Laughing to herself then shuddering as an icy cold wind whips around her causing her to quicken her step, finally reaching her cottage and going inside, quickly closing the door behind her then setting to task~
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 11:09:52 AM by Serenitee »

Offline Serenitee

• Forever His
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2005, 11:10:44 AM »
Taking a seat by the window in her bedroom, looking out across the snow covered grounds, sighing then taking out her journal, quill and ink well. Wanting to write of her and Prae's adventure while it was fresh in her mind.....thinking on where to start then dipping the quill............

The sleigh Prae had hired arrived in the early hours of the morning.  A shabby, half-awake driver stepped down to announce his arrival with a sharp rap upon Seren's cottage door. Earlier that evening, Prae and Seren had gathered their traveling gear together at her cottage to lessen the waking hour confusion.

The couple woke, startled by the knock at the door.  They had drifted in and out of slumber while quietly conversing by the fire's warmth.  Seren, nestled comfortably to Prae's shoulder, his arm snuggly tucked about her shoulders.  Stretching their limbs then standing to gather cloaks and parcels, opening the door to greet the now grumbling driver.  Chuckling to themselves as they walk out and stand aside as the driver takes up the two large travel bags and tosses them upon the sleigh.

Prae turns to Seren, smiles warmly as he lifts the hood of her cloak over her soft curls.  His fingertip grazing her cheek briefly as he tucks a silken strand behind her ear.  Her lips lifting in a smile as she tugs his palm to her lips, placing a soft kiss there....they both murmur at the same time.

"Tis time to get on the way...."

Holding Seren's hand in his as he helps her board the sleigh.  Waiting until she's settled in then passing the parcels to her to stash below the seat then springing aboard himself.  Gathering a thick comforter while settling in beside her and pulling the warm blanket over them both, taking care to tuck the edges in warmly about their frames.

Signaling to the grouchy one at the reigns that they are ready to go....Prae warmly chuckles while Seren giggles at the man's muttering.  The sleigh starts off with a  jolt, sending the couple bouncing about a bit and laughing as they start off on their adventure. 
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 04:28:33 PM by Serenitee »

Offline Serenitee

• Forever His
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2005, 02:35:55 PM »
Early morn turned to dusk before they knew it, then another day soon dawned.  One day turned into another, and another.

A soft, cold flicker tickled Seren's cheek. She lifted her hand to fend it off but was wakened by the sudden stop of the sleigh.  Sleepily opening her eyes then blinking quickly as she looked to newly dawning sky to see the largest snowflakes floating down to kiss her warm skin.  A twinkle lighting her eyes as she tilted her head further back and poked out her tongue to catch the wispy snowflakes.

Hearing a deep chuckle from by her side, she looked to Prae with a grin lighting her lips. They had arrived at her father's home in Colchester at last. Squealing with delight as she sees Madeline making her way to the sleigh. Patiently waiting as Prae steps down from the sleigh then helps her down. Turning to only be engulfed in her treasured friend's arms in a tight hug.

"Oh Maddie!  Tis been so long since I've seen ye!".....~Seren's eyes misting over as she kisses Madeline's cheek gently~

"That it has my sweet little girl, though you're not too little anymore now...~Maddie takes Seren's hands and holds her at arms length while surveying her appearance~....put on a pound or two 'ave ya?"...~the kindly woman then looks over Seren's shoulder and winks to Prae~

Seren's brow lifts as she catches Maddie's look to Prae, then hears his chuckling.  Turning a bit, trying to nudge him in the ribs with her elbow, but missing, laughing despite herself.  Madeline grins then nods toward the house.  It was a modest two story home.  Her mother had insisted on a simple dwelling but lots of space and a gazebo by the pond.  Her and her mother had spent many lazy afternoons in that very spot, reading, talking and making plans.

Seren's eyes misted over a bit at the memories then she was aware of her father watching from the porch.  Taking a deep breath in then making her way to him, hugging him gently before introducing Praegorn.  She groaned as her father immediately started into his normal inquisition.  How old are you, where do you call home, are you a practicing Christian, have you any siblings...the barrage went on and on in his perfectly pronounced diction, until Maddie hushed the elderly man and motioned everyone in for a late breakfast.

Sending an apologetic look to Prae, Seren just sighed and wondered if this was such a good idea.  Prae, reading her thoughts as he had become very good at, took her hand in his and kissed the fingertips with a soft smile, making everything alright.  With a bit of a lighter heart, she followed along inside.

Offline Serenitee

• Forever His
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2005, 03:22:30 PM »
That first evening went by very slowly. As if time were standing still, waiting to see just what mischief would come about. Breakfast had been the hardest as she had to listen to the tedious happenins of her father's business.  More than once Alex Sinthale's name had come up causing her skin to crawl.  Prae had lightly rested his hand to her arm and smiled the most charming smile her way.

Lord Overton made sure he sent Prae and Seren's belongings to rooms at opposite ends of the stairway up. Propiety, honor, etc. etc....he had matter of factly stated.  Oh and not to forget that his daughter was getting on in age so Prae should not dilly dally if he had serious intentions.  At that moment, Seren covered her face and shook her head as she grumbled and excused herself upstairs to unpack.  Looking back for a moment to Prae, seeing him nod in assurance that he would be alright alone with her father...though Maddie was also bustling about now and then.

She unpacked and sat down at her old dressing table, her fingertips lightly grazing over it's intricate moldings. Pulling the pins from her hair, shaking it a bit...closing her eyes as she leaned her head back...her curls springing free then tumbling down her back.  She stood up and walked into the small room off the side of the bedroom.  Her father had placed a porcelain tub of sorts in that room and while they had eaten supper, one of the servants had filled it with very warm water.  Digging into one of her travel bags, she took out the lovely scented candles kaydee had made for her.  Lighting them then sighing thankfully as she quickly undressed and stepped into the water, relaxing back as she let the day's events play over in her mind. 

Buffing away the trip's wear on her, she stands and wraps a large towel about her.  Walking back into the bedroom to find a delicately designed nightshift layed across the bed.  Taking the garment into her hands, running her fingers over the beautiful lace around the neckline.  A soft blue satin ribbon trimmed the empire waist.  Tears forming, sliding slowly down her cheeks as she remembers her mother wearing the very same nightdress.  Hugging the fabric to her before pulling it on over her head.  The hem grazing her ankles, the bell sleeves partially covering her hands while the neckline dipped provocatively yet demurely.

Laying down across the plush comforter on the bed, closing her eyes only to have them flutter open hours later. Sitting up, looking around disoriented for a moment in the darkness. Lighting a candle before collecting her thoughts and going to her door and peeking out into the hallway.  Looking both ways, not seeing anyone about nor hearing even the slightest rustling. Stealing out into the hallway and down the corridor to Prae's room. Slowly turning the knob then pushing the door open a bit, peeking around it's edge to see Prae sitting on the bed, relaxed, apparently reading a book.

He looks up, spies her near the door and chuckles softly.  He had been chuckling a lot at her lately and it was unnerving at times.  Not because she didn't love every little thing he did, but because it made her aware of just how much he effected her.  She stepped into the room and nearly skipped across, plopping down on the bed at his feet.  Covering her legs completely as she criss crossed then and watched him intently.

"Ye know M'lady.....~he started as he took her hand in his"....ye should nae be in here, with me, alone"....~he lifted her hand to gently kiss its palm, his eyes meeting hers~

"Aye M'lord.....~she blushed and smiled softly~...I had to at least see that ye were yet unscathed by my father's interrogation"

"Seren, he is only concerned for ye.  Do nae judge him so harshly."....~he gently scolded her~

"Oh, I know he means well Prae, tis just....~she looks down for a moment~...he is nae interested in what I want"...~lacing her fingers with his~

"And what is it that ye do want Seren?"...~tugging her up to sit at his side, letting her lay her head to his shoulder~

Moments ticked by as she pondered what he had asked her.  Her eyes drifted heavily and soon she was waking to a light nudge atop her head.

Prae laughed quietly...."If ye did nae wish to answer M'lady, ye only had to say as much."...~teasing her for falling asleep~

Embarrassed, covering her lips to quiet her giggles, she crawls across Prae's lap.....letting out a surprised gasp as he grasps her waist and tugs her firmly into his embrace.  His lips nuzzling against her ear then cheek, finally resting lightly upon hers in a feather light kiss.

"Tis off to bed with ye M'lady.....~his brows wiggle~....else there may be more to talk about on the morrow than ye are willling to address at this time.".....~swatting her fanny as she stands up and starts from the room, subduing her bubbly laughter~

Looking back for a moment as he calls out to her once more before she goes.

M'lady, we will finish our discussion.....~he softly snickers as she lifts her brow and quickly goes back to her own room, jumping into her bed, snuggling in for the night, dreaming enticingly through the night~

Offline Serenitee

• Forever His
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2006, 02:58:37 PM »

The days were passing by quickly.  Seren spent the mornings with Maddie, tending to things about the house, making plans for the holiday party her father wanted to host, and mainly just enjoying each other's company.  Madeline was very close to Seren's heart, a second mother, nearly as dear to her as her first. 

Prae continued to humor Lord Overton as he went on about the textile industry endlessly. Seren would peek into the study from time to time, wiggling her nose and poking her tongue out at Prae.  He would give her a crooked smile that nearly shouted "Just ye wait...."  She simply grinned and sashayed about her own tasks.

Prae and Seren managed to make a quick trip into London by themselves.  Each sighing with relief to be out from under the ever scrutinizing, but well meaning glances from the household in general at Colchester.  The couple walked along the busy walks, pausing to admire window trimmings now and then.  Seren ducked into one shop in particular to secretly purchase a gift for Prae. She had seen it on her trip to London a while back but wasn't sure at the time about the purchase.  She tucked the wrapped packaged snuggly under her arm, grinning at Prae's questioning look, but merely shrugging and pointing out the next window display.  That day went by quickly, as did all the times she spent with him, regretfully.

Christmas day came.  The sweet scent of freshly baked goods floating upstairs, waking her from her slumber.  Getting out of bed, ruffled and messy locks cascading down her back and over her shoulders. Anxious to get downstairs to give out presents, not caring that she was still in her nightdress, she dashed out her bedroom door...nearly colliding with Prae.  Laughing and blushing as she stopped and grinned while he stepped back, swept a hand forward for her to pass first down the stairway.  Chuckling as she looked him up and down quickly, taking note how he always managed to look completely together no matter the time of day.  She lifted to tip toes and gently kissed his cheek, whispering near his ear.  "Merry Christmas M'lord"....then skipped down the stairs into the large library, her father had decided to set up the holiday trimmings this year.

Seren, skidded to a stop as her father came about the doorway from the hall, took in her appearance and scowled.  She covered a giggle and was about to turn tail to go back upstairs...until Madeline came into the room and actually swatted Reginald Overton over the head with her dish towel. Seren burst out laughing, clasing her hand over her lips but unable to quell the bubbling laughter.  The very thought of someone swatting the grand Lord Overton, much less Maddie.  To Seren's surprise though, her father deeply chuckled, looked about then slyly smacked Maddie's fanny.  Seren gasped then pretended she had not seen.

Prae entered the library, looking curiously for the source of all the laughter.  Seren greeted him, took his hand and quietly mentioned that she would tell him about it later. She tugged him over to sit near the tree.  Her sitting to her knees then leaning back on her heels as he joined her, criss crossing his legs, something she had never seen him do. Seren started pulling out presents from the piles under the tree...passing one to her father, one to Madeline and one to Prae.  Grinning, she sat back and watched them open the gifts.

She had made her father a vest of rich tapestry.  The warm, muted browns and reds matching one of his favorite suits.  Seren had loved the candles kaydee had made for her so she had enlisted kaydee to make something special for Maddie.  The gentle natured woman rarely did anything of such frivilous nature for herself. Prae then opened his present.  It was a traveling pouch of sorts.  She was not sure whether he would use such an item, but the storekeeper had assured her that no fine gentleman would be without one.

Warm embraces were exchanged before more packages were unwrapped. Madeline and her father had wrapped several heirloom pieces of clothing and jewelry.  Things that had been her mother's.  Rivelettes of tears streamed down her cheeks as she hugged them both tightly.  Brushing the tears away with the back of her hand before opening the gift from Prae.  Laying the wrappings aside carefully, gasping softly as she lifts a package of colored sketching impliments.  She had never seen such a thing.  At first she thought they were charcoal, but had never seen any color but black.  There was a rainbow of colors.  She had longed to be able to sketch her garments in color.  Tugging her bottom lip between her teeth as she looked to Prae with a soft smile.  He nodded back to the wrappings, lifting through the thin paper to find a very expensive sketch book.  The pages were nearly velvety in texture, a luxury she had never allowed herself.  Holding back her tears, as she knew he didn't like that sort of thing, she leaned to hug him gently, softly kissing his cheek, whispering her appreciation.

The day passed into evening. Merry sounds rang through the house as the air buzzed with holiday spirit.  Her father was busy planning the farewell party.  He liked to send one off with a flare.  Prae and Seren relaxed by the fire, sipping warm cider, cozily conversing into the later hours. 

Offline Serenitee

• Forever His
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2006, 04:21:58 PM »
T'was the day of the party.  Reginald Overton was barking out directives to anyone who happened to cross his path that morning.  Seren's mother was the picture of calm when entertaining, but her father could barely keep his wits about him.  Worrying about this or that.  Her mother would just lay her hand upon his arm and softly chuckle at his grumbling.

Seren dressed for the "small get together" as her father had called it.  Anything under 100 was small to him.  Sitting at her dressing stand, painstakingly combing her curls into obedience.  Gathering the silken mass then twisting it as she twirled it about to rest at her crown.  Slipping a few pins in to hold things in place before tugging thick strands loose to fall about her cheeks and shoulders.  Dabbing wet fingertips to small tendrils laying across her forehead then taking care while adding just a bit of color to her features.  Biting her lips a bit to bring a rosier hue to them then glossing them over with a bit of jelly of sorts, something she had found in a London shop on the questionable side of town. Standing up, she smoothed her hands downward over the layers of silken blue fabric. Turning to the side a bit, wiggling to adjust the high waist a bit.  Not really used to having her bosom so highly noticeable, she frowned.  Hearing Maddie call from downstairs, she took one last look then went down.

Smiling as she stopped at the foot of the stairs.  Prae was there waiting, looking stunning in a velveteen jerkin of deep green.  The flouncy sleeves of his shirt adding a bit of sophistication to his look while the loosely laced neckline exposed his warm skin.  Touching her hand to her chest lightly before taking his hand, leaning to kiss his cheek softly, blushing at his comment on her "appearance", in turn remarking how it was going to be difficult to keep the ladies at bay with him looking as grand as he did.  Hand in hand they joined the party.

The musicians started playing as guest were filtering in.  Seren's father came over to claim her for a dance. She smiled and they glided across the floor.  Lord Overton was an excellent dancer and had taught her when she was just a little girl, though it had been years since she had danced for any decent amount of time. 

The doorman was busy constantly announcing late arriving guests.  Seren strained to hear the names over the music, but could not catch all.  That would be why she was so shocked when Alex Sinthale tapped her father on the shoulder and asked to cut in.  Her father, not wanting to cause a scene, nodded and stepped away.  Seren's protest began.

"Father!  I will nae dance with this man.  Ye can nae expect that of me"....~she was already turning to step away when Lord Sinthale grasped her arm, pulling her toward him~

"M'lady Serenitee".....~he purred sweetly before lifting her hand to his lips~

"Do nae touch me M'lord.  The priviledge is nae yers!"....~Seren snatched hand from his grasp~

"Still holding a grudge Serenitee?  Has it served you any purpose to do so?"....~he arrogantly stood there, mocking her anger~

"I do nae hold any thought of ye whatsoever M'lord.  Ye serve as the perfect example of what cruelness and deceipt can exist in a man's heart!"....~she turns once again to get away from him, bumping lightly into Prae.  She had not seen him approach.

Prae snaked his arm around Seren's waist, gently pulling her close..."All is well M'love?"....~he leaned to nuzzle her cheek a bit, a questioning lift to his brow as he looked to Sinthale~

Thankful Prae was there and sensed her uneasiness...she delightfully smiled up at him, her hand going to rest upon his chest~....."Aye M'love.  All is well, now.  Have ye met Alex Sinthale?  He's the one of whom I spoke long ago"

The men shook hands, neither of them obviously happy to meet the other, but holding to quaint, polite introductions.  Lord Sinthale uttered not one more word as he turned to busy himself with business dealings amongst a group of her father's colleagues.

Seren giggled as she clung to Prae's arm...he chuckled then swung her about onto the dance floor, scandalously whispering near her ear, or at least making it seem that way to those looking on.

The evening went on, dancing, singing, some having too much wine.

Seren and Prae would be on their way back to MacLaaran on the morrow.  She was very ready to be home again, amonst all she had become familiar with, amongst dear friends................

...............looking out the window once again, waiting for the sleigh to arrive as she looked down at the last page of her journal.  She hadn't written so much there in the longest time.  Skimming back over her adventures, sighing softly as there was so much she could just not include.  So many little details, perhaps someday she would write in depth of this holiday, but for now....this would have to do.  She closed the journal as the sleigh arrived and the driver loaded their things.  Tugging her cloak about her snuggly, taking one last look around "her" room....walking out the door once again...possibly for the last time.  A soft smile curved her lips as she closed the door behind her, walked down and embraced Maddie and her father.  Letting them know she loved them very much.  Her father apologized for the party then kissed her cheek and winked as he nodded toward Prae.

The men shook hands, arm clasping wasn't her father's style.  The spoke quietly, of what, Seren could not tell.  Then all was set to go.  Prae and Seren left the house and climbed aboard the sleigh, covering up, tucking the comforter around them snuggly as they start the long trip home.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 04:35:49 PM by Serenitee »

Offline Sir Kyle

« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2006, 12:07:15 PM »
I smiled as I woke up first, My sleepy head lava still wrapped up under the blankets, one foot hanging out as always, as if testing the temperature. I let her sleep while I went downstair for an early bath in the warm communal bath.

Finally dressed, I stopped in the scullery where Rita was busy preparing muffins for breakfast. I took several of the berry muffins, a pot od tea and two cups back upstairs and awakend My pet.

We sat there on the couch in front of the fireplace, eating breakfast and discussing last night's happenings in MacLaaran. I told her that both Lady Hope and that Lady Bronwyn of Blackthorne had indeed spent the night in the guest chambers. We would need to find out what caused Lady Bronwyn to arrive in full armour with several of Her own guardians. I told her MacLaaran had over one hundred guards under the command of Sir Tristram and that She would be safe here should she choose to remain. Possibly, We can talk Her into telling Us all what brought Her here on Story Night next Sunday.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 12:16:59 PM by Sir Kyle »

Offline Praegorn

• Lady Serenitee's deepest admirer
    • Praegorn's Path
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2006, 07:40:06 PM »
Lord Overton's quiet words were in Prae's thoughts as he loosely held the reigns of the sled.  He'd surely try his best, looking over Seren as she slept peacefully, her head cradled by his shoulder and arm.  Finding himself holding his breath as he gazed upon her, he turned his attention back upon the road they traveled and exhaled slowly, then mentally thanked Sir Kyle for not the first time of his wise council to take the sled for the journey to Seren's home. His own plan for taking steeds alone would have made an uncomfortable ride for Seren not to mention his own soreness for not having ridden for so long nor so far in quite a while.  Thoughts of being a bit spoiled in the quiet life at MacLaaran Village and perhaps becoming a bit soft turned Prae's thoughts to the night of the dance at the Overton home.

Dressed in finery he seldom experienced, he was determined to show he could at least not stick out like a ruffian amongst the gentry gathered at that party and even began to feel somewhat comfortable when Seren seemingly glided down the stairs, a vision of loveliness if he had ever seen one.  Eagerly he had taken her hand and led her across the floor, listening as Seren would introduce this notable or another, before Lord Overton came to claim his daughter for a first dance.  Chuckling and bowing to her father, Prae stepped back and quickly found his arm engaged by Madeline, asking him to dance with her. 

Nodding his agreement, they took a place in the dance and spoke lightly, while Prae's eyes searched the floor and caught Seren's own. She winked at him, hinting mischieviously before he turned his attention back to his dance partner, and enjoyed her rather subtle questions as to his intentions towards Lord Overton's daughter.  He smiled as he thought of the possiblities, he looked past Madeline and saw to where Seren and her father were, their dance at an end as a smirking gentleman looked to cut in.  Guiding Madeline in their dance closer, he overheard Seren deny the man his request, and noticed the lout mocking her.  Quickly making an apology to his companion, Prae eased his way close and stood to Serenitee's side, and saw her relax, and was introduced to Lord Sinthale.  Taking his measure as he was measured in turn, he took note of Sinthale's bravado still and recognized he would be one to be wary of in the future.

That aside, the time moved quickly then, as Prae and Seren disengaged themselves from the moment and shared soft laughs mischievious talk, feeling all the world to be gone until the drink and lateness of night took their toll upon them.   Ah, that was a time!, thought Prae, grinning and looking foward to their arrival at MacLaaran, when they could show a closer bonding to those there then had been before.
Editor of MacLaaran\\\'s Herald<br />MacLaaran Council member<br /><br />

Offline Serenitee

• Forever His
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2006, 05:38:50 PM »
The days passed by quickly as Prae and Seren enjoyed their time together, watching the pristine scenery change to a more familiar sight.  MacLaaran village.

Prae brought the sleigh to a halt in front of Seren's cottage.  He gently nudged her awake, softly smiling and ruffling her hair before stepping down to unload her things.  She stretched and sighed softly, closing her eyes....knowing their magical time was near an end. 

Seren stepped down from the sleigh, picked up the smaller travel bag and walked with it up the steps, pausing to unlock and open the cottage door, setting the bag down inside.  Leaning back against the door frame as Prae brought in the other things.

He stopped in front of her, lifted his fingers gently to her cheek before leaning in, warmly pressing his lips to hers in a lingering kiss.  They exchanged a few soft words before he was turning to go back to the sleigh.  She watched him go, feeling the usual sad tug at her heart whenever he left her side.  She knew he had to try and catch Cailyn at the Herald before settling in at home....she knew of his honorable work ethics, one of the many things she loved about him, though it did not make it any easier.  She must try to understand though her pouting was hard to contain as she quickly turned and closed the door behind her.

Prae knew Seren was trying to hide her disappointment at his not being able to spend the evening with her. It pulled at his heart to catch the downturn of her lips as she turned away. He had to tend to the Herald though.  He would make it up to her...somehow.

He sighed a deep sigh then turned the sleigh toward the village proper.  Perhaps his time there would be short and he could make it back in time to share a cup of tea with her before she set her head to rest.

Offline WilliamTaillur

• Life is worth living with the right friends.
    • William Taillur's page
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2006, 07:27:41 PM »
Hear Ye, Hear Ye....

Wedding Announcement is now posted.. come and see

*takes announcement and nails it in the center of the board*

« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 07:35:40 PM by WilliamTaillur »
Tis the joyous things we share with our friends that brightens each day. Tis the concern, care and love shared in hard times that keeps life manageable and our friends close to our hearts.

Offline Serenitee

• Forever His
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2006, 10:57:52 AM »
~the morning sun crept slowly upward filtering through the slight part in the heavy tapestries covering her bedroom window.  The covers wound around her, covering only from knee to chest, her night shift falling slightly from her shoulders...a slow smile slipping across her lips as last evening's events replay in her mind~ 

~a soft cat like pur escaping her lips as the warmth of the sunlight touches her chilled, bare flesh. Closing her eyes as she lifts her arms above her, tilting her head back as she arches her body in a long stretch, her toes curling as she lets out a soft little squeek at the height of the stretch. The covers sliding a downward a bit, sparking an unexpected shiver as they brush against her sensitive flesh~

~sighing softly as she relaxes back to her bed. Lifting one arm up to rest underneath her head, a fingertip of her other hand, lightly tracing over her lips before taking a silken lock, winding it around.  Last night had started off rather oddly in her own, perhaps overimaginative mind. Tensions of late seeming to put a wedge between her and Prae. Grazing her bottom lip lightly with her teeth as her thoughts continue to wander~

~she had told him of her day, of yet another project she had taken on.  She suspected he was none to thrilled at hearing this, but trying to be supportive as he always is when she takes on more than she should, he did not present a vocal protest~

~shifting to her side in the bed, unwrapping the covers from her legs to pull them up over her shoulders, snuggling to get warm, bunching her pillow up under her head as she rubs her cheek gently back and forth across the soft linen of the pillow slip...remember how wonderful it had been dancing cheek to cheek with Prae~

~Prae had suggested they visit a local gathering.  There were no familiar faces there but all she had needed to see was his.  They spoke little at the get together, danced a bit before getting restless for something else.  She did not know what Prae had in mind.  They left the gathering to go back to the cottages.  He did say that she should put on something dressy.  She changed and they met up once again....Seren still curious where they were going.  She had to breath deeply when seeing Prae in his finest. He was fetching no matter what his wear, but her head swam seeing him like this.  She only hoped her silken shape hugging dress pleased his eye.  The satin ribbons criss crossing the bodice and hip area had drawn her to this design~

~finally they arrived.  Somehow Prae had managed to arrange, grand hall dance for them. Decorated for the softest of moments, minstrels playing quietly in the recesses, candles lit and flower petals spread around the floor. Her breath taken away as she viewed the scene. The music seemed to play a bit louder as he bowed and took her hand his..lifting her fingers to his lips in a gentle kiss before tugging her into his arms...swaying slowly to the music~

~there were no words for a long while, the moment becoming intense as his hands slid up over her arms to her shoulders then back down again to wrap around her waist, tugging her closer...her forehead lowering to lean against his chest as they danced into the night~ 

~the night went on. Others arrived but not to Prae and Seren's notice.  This was thier moment and theirs alone...the world, it's trials, the misunderstandings and hurt feelings all disappeared.  She was where she longed to be for so long...in his arms. So many times in the past she had spoken out of turn, judged too harshly, come to incorrect conclusions....never with the intent to hurt...but none the less....doing so. All was well with the world though now....she made a choice in her mind that she would tell Prae about on the morrow~

~the evening had to come to an end far too soon. Prae and Seren warmly held each other until they reached the cottages.  Passing shy looks to one another, murmuring softly as their lips met in a tender, lingering kiss. Seren took his hand and led him inside her cottage....wanting so much...but needing him to hold her more than anything else~

~sighing softly as her mind comes back to the present, outstretching her arm, her hand touching his silken hair.  Softly smiling as she turns and looks over to his sleeping face...raising to her elbow, her tussled curls falling about her shoulders as she leans to lightly kiss his lips then lays back down, snuggling to his side as she had done all through the night...closing her eyes to try and sleep for a bit more~

~suddenly her eyes open, she gasps and sits straight up in the bed~  The wedding!!

~mumbling about all she has to do, she shouldn't have let herself sleep so long, her hair, the finishing touches to her dress...the wedding gift....her list went on in her mind.  Leaning over to gently poke Prae in the ribs, giggling softly as he sleepily stirs~

Tis ye fault ye know!!....~tickling his sides as he struggles to make head or tails of what she is saying...his first words causing her to lift her brow and dig her fingers into his ribs a bit harder~

Jane?  Is that ye?....~laughing loudly as he sees her look, grabbing her at the waist, thorougly tumbling her to her back...grinning down as he kisses the tip of her nose~

Much to be done M'lady...no time to play....~he wiggled his brows...and thier day began~