Author Topic: a little laugh :-)  (Read 527131 times)

Offline Fishy!

Re: a little laugh :-)
« Reply #645 on: January 25, 2009, 10:39:17 AM »
lol!

Offline Salem

« Reply #646 on: January 26, 2009, 02:12:08 PM »
Amazing what you can find when you're bored on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mazx1_DNp5E
When you go home, tell them of us and say, for their tomorrow, we gave our today. -John Maxwell Edmonds

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #647 on: January 27, 2009, 05:38:04 PM »
This is sort of funny, this is my sister's house after a weekend of LAN parties... My nephew is the ringleader of the party, he's the one standing in the back taking a picture from another angle... And yes, this is her living room, from what I have been told, there were approximately 20 computers hooked up in there, and more in the dining room...

Offline Salem

« Reply #648 on: January 28, 2009, 02:30:41 PM »
LAN parties are always fun. =)
When you go home, tell them of us and say, for their tomorrow, we gave our today. -John Maxwell Edmonds

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #649 on: January 29, 2009, 03:43:21 AM »
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #650 on: January 29, 2009, 07:45:03 AM »

Offline Hippie

• Make Love Not War
« Reply #651 on: January 29, 2009, 10:00:23 AM »
An English-only ordering policy has thrust one of Philadelphia's best-known cheesesteak joints into the national immigration debate.

Situated in a South Philadelphia immigrant neighborhood, Geno's -- which together with its chief rival, Pat's King of Steaks, forms the epicenter of an area described as "ground zero for cheesesteaks" -- has posted small signs telling customers, "This Is AMERICA: WHEN ORDERING `SPEAK ENGLISH."'

"They don't know how lucky they are. All we're asking them to do is learn the English language," said Geno's owner Joseph Vento, 66. "We're out to help these people, but they've got to help themselves, too." (2006)
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Offline Salem

« Reply #652 on: January 29, 2009, 03:18:36 PM »
Next thing you know, they'll be trying to enforce what kinds of cheese are allowed on a cheesesteak. Try to take away my whiz, and we got problems.

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
« Reply #653 on: January 30, 2009, 02:21:44 PM »
I can't blame them for posting that sign.  I have the same policy.  You don't force an entire country to speak your language when you go to live there.  We speak English here, if you don't speak english, then you better learn it damn quick and in a hurry.  Or at least buy your language - English dictionary like tourists do to go on vacation.  Americans already have to deal so much with other languages and countries.. from our jobs being exported to calling up a company for technical support and having someone who speaks horrible English try to talk us through fixing something.  Or the telemarketers who barely speak English calling me up, and mispronouncing my first name.. It's Amber.. it's not that difficult.  Americans mispronounce my last name all the time, no biggie, but you better damned well say my first name right.  I don't think we should have to learn a different language to accomodate the influx of illegal aliens who aren't trying to become citizens, or even attempting to learn our language.

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #654 on: January 31, 2009, 11:12:25 AM »
oh this is soooooo true! I live about.... maybe a 15 minuet drive from mexico...

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #655 on: January 31, 2009, 12:51:27 PM »
I miss TJ runs... used to get HUGE margaritas for maybe $2, just one would knock me on my ass... -=tacks note in my brain to go there when Ray and I go back to Cali in September for my nephew's wedding=-

Offline familure{TD}

• woobie's mini-me
« Reply #656 on: February 01, 2009, 01:04:35 PM »
found this in my e-mail today and just had to share~lol

I had ambitions of finding a simple, uncomplicated part time job after retiring from teaching. Unfortunately, as I have gotten a little older, I have become a little less tolerant. So after landing my new job as a Wal-Mart greeter, a good find for many retirees, I lasted less than a day......

About two hours into my first day on the job a very loud, unattractive, mean-acting woman walked into the store with her two kids, yelling obscenities at them all the way through the entrance. As I had been instructed, I said pleasantly, "Good morning, and welcome to Wal-Mart. Nice children you have there. Are they twins?"

The ugly woman stopped yelling long enough to say, "Hell no, they ain't twins. The oldest one 's 9, and the other one's 7. Why the hell would you think they're twins? Are you blind, or just stupid?"

So I replied, "I'm neither blind nor stupid, Ma'am, I just can't believe you got laid twice. Have a good day and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart."

My supervisor said I probably wasn't cut out for this line of work.

;D ;D ;D

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. - Steve Prefontaine

Offline Amber

« Reply #657 on: February 01, 2009, 01:15:12 PM »
And this is why I will not be a walmart greeter. -lol- I plan on being meaaaaan in my old age.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #658 on: February 01, 2009, 08:13:45 PM »
I like that Greeters style!!! LOL

Ummm... Amber... you are already mean. Old age will have no bearing on that.

Offline Amber

« Reply #659 on: February 01, 2009, 08:36:13 PM »
I am NOT mean.